An Associate Professor and Senior Research Fellow at RETRIDOL-NOUN. Married with 4 children Clifford Moses Amini is a native of Egendem Village in the Adoni Local Govt. Area of Rivers State. Born July 14, 1960, he had his primary education at Methodist School Asaramu from 1965 – 1972. He proceeded to 655 Okporowo Ogbakiri from 1973 – 1977 for his secondary school where he completed in flying colours. His university education took him through B.Sc. (Ed) – University of Calabar (1989), M.Ed. – University of Port Harcourt (1998) and Ph.D. (2008) – University of Calabar. This was after a stretch with NCE (1978 – 1981)
- Coordinator, Research Seminars Workshops
- Workshop Facilitator
- Postgraduate supervisor
- Educational Measurement and Evaluation
- Student’s Academic Achievement
- Open and Distance Learning
BOOKS ALREADY PUBLISHED
- Amini, C. M. & Ihiegbulem, O. T. (2000). Basic Research Methods in Education. Owerri, Cape Publishers, Nigeria.
- Amini, C. M.; Ubulom, W.J & Uzoeshi,K.C. (2008). Fundamentals of Measurement and Evaluation. Port Harcourt. CEWIL Publishers, Nigeria. PortHarcourt ARTICLES IN REFEREED CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS
- Amini, C. M. (2001). The STS Approach to Science and Technology Education: The use of Games and Simulations. in Tetito,A.E,Wasagu, M.A and Obasi,F.E.(ed). STAN National Science, Technology and Society (STS) Panel Workshop Proceedings.p.84-88. ARTICLES IN LEARNED JOURNALS
- Amini, C. M. (1997). Influence of Students’ Perception of Classroom Social Environment on their Performance. Nigeria Journal of Curriculum and Instruction. Journal of National Association of Curriculum Theorist (NACT). Vol. 4 (2) 84 - 88
- Amini, C. M. and Onuebunwa, S. E. (1999). Relationship Between Study Habits and Students Academic Achievement in Chemistry. Nigeria Journal of Professional Studies in Education Vol 6. (1) p.13-18, University of Port Harcourt.
- Amini, C. M. and Lilly, G. (2002). Teachers Personality Characteristics and Academic Performance of Secondary School Students in Mathematics. Journal of Empirical Studies in Psychology and Education. Vol. 1 (6). p. 129-233. University of Port Harcourt. - 80%
- Amini, C. M. and Sagbara, D. G. (2004). Enhancing Students ’Cognitive Gains in Chemistry through use of Games. African Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies (JIS). Vol. 4(1) An International Journal for Research Studies in Multidimensional Fields published by Network of People in Academics. Vol 5(1) p. 54 - 56 80%
- Amini, C. M. (2012). Effect of Sample Sizes on the Significance (results) of Parametric Studies. Journal of Education and Training Technology (JETT). A Publication of African Society for Education and Training Technology. Vol. 3(1) p. 87 - 91
- Amini, C. M.& Ibrahim O. Salawu (2014). Perceptions of Students of the National Open University of Nigeria on the Quality of Online Instructional Delivery Strategy: An Evaluative Study. West African Journal of Open and Flexible Learning (WAJOFEL). Vol. 3 No. 2. pp. 119-136
- Amini, C. M. (2014). Open and Distance Learning (ODL) Student’s Assessment Preferences and Approaches to Learning: Implication for Formative Assessment. International Journal of Educational Research and Development IJERD. Vol. 3, University of Winneba, Ghana. p. 77 – 84
- Amini, C. M. and Osumah, U. I. (2001). Drug Use Pattern Among Secondary School Students in Ogba /Egbema /Ndoni LGA of Rivers State. Nigeria Journal of Professional Studies in Education. Vol 7. (1). p.38-41. University of Port Harcourt.
- Amini, C. M. and Joshua, M.T. (2002). Influence of Age on Teachers Attitude to Work. Nigeria Journal of Professional Studies in Education.vol.8 (5&6) University of PortHarcourt.p.93 – 98 -80%
- Amini, C. M.; and Okopi, F (2012) ODL as strategy for building female leadership capacity in higher education. Global Education Review. Vol.1, No 2, 2012. p.56 – 70 -50%
- Amini, C. M& Ndunagu, J. N (2013). Higher Education for All in Nigeria: The Promise of Open and Distance Learning. HURIA. The Journal of Open University of Tanzania. Vol. 16. p.75 – 88 - 80%
- Amini, C. M. & Dr. J. Effiom-Edem Ntibi (2015). Home Environment and Gender as Correlates of Students’ Academic Achievement in Selected Secondary Schools in Rivers State – Nigeria. NOUN Journal of Education: A Publication of Faculty of Education, National Open University of Nigeria. Volume 2 (1) 2015 - 80%
- Amini, C. M. & Reamen, J.I (2016). Effect of Coaching on the Validity of Teacher- made Achievement Test. African Journal of Arts, Science and Educational Issues (AJASSEI) Federal University of Agriculture Makurdi. Vol.4(1) 2016 and Vol 4(2). 2016 - 80%
- Amini, C. M. &Oluyide, S.P(2016,Building Capacity for Open and Distance Learning (ODL) in West African Sub-region: The Pivotal Role of RETRIDAL. Open Praxis http:www.openpraxis.org. Online Journal of International Council for Distance Education(ICDE)- 60%
- Amini, C. M. & Reamen, J.I (2016) Classroom Climate and Students’ Gender as correlates of Academics achievement in selected secondary schools in Rivers State, Nigeria. Journal of the General Studies Unit, Federal University of Wukari (FUWGESTJ)Vol.1(1) - 80%
- Amini, C. M. & Reamen, J.I (2016) Impact of Social Networking on Sexual Behavior of Undergraduate Students in Taraba State, Nigeria. Benue State University Journal of Education (BSUJE) Vol.16 No. 2 p. 156-166
- Amini, C. M. (2017) Test Anxiety and Students’ Academic Achievement in Mathematics and English in Amowo-Odofin Local Government Area of Lagos State, Nigeria. Journal of Education and Society (JES) A Publication of the Faculty of Education, Ignatius Ajuru University of Education. Vol. 7(3). p. 483- 488
- Amini, C. M. & Okopi F. (2017) Emotional Intelligence as Determinants of Readiness for Online Learning: Case Study of ODL Students of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) Journal of Technical and Science Education (JOTASE). Faculty of Science and Technical Education, Rivers State University of Science and Technology. Vol. 20(1&2) p. 92 – 99
- Amini, C. M. & Reamen, J. I (2017) Special Needs Students in Inclusive Classroom: Impact, Research, Problems and Benefits. The Nigerian Educational Psychologists, Journal of the Nigerian Society of Educational Psychologists (NISEP) Vol. 15(1) p. 204– 213 80%
- Amini, C. M. (2017) Analysis of Students’ Evaluation of Teaching (SET) In Nigeria Higher Education Institutions: Implication for Improving Quality of Instruction. Benue State University Journal of Education (BSUJE) Vol. 18 No. 1 pp. 223-229.
- Amini, C. M. & Okopi F. (2017) Students’ Demographics as Indices of Online Learning Readiness of Distance Learners in Nigeria. Journal of Education and Society (JES) A Publication of the Faculty of Education, Ignatius Ajuru University of Education. Vol. 113
- Eya, P. E & Amini, C. M. (2018). Research and Innovation in Open and Distance Learning (ODL). In Monday Joshua (Ed). Research and Innovation in Nigeria Education. Nigeria Academy of Education Year Book, No. 10 (2018).
- National Workshop on Capacity Building for Dual Mode Provisions by Higher
- Institutions in Nigeria. May 25-30th 2013. Lagos-Nigeria.
- Second Annual Conference on Challenges of Development in Africa at the Catholic University of East Africa, Langata, Nairobi- Kenya; 25th - 29th June 2013.
- 24th International Council for Distance Education (ICDE) Conference, 6TH - 10TH October, 2011, Bali, Indonesia.
- 25th International Council for Distance Education (ICDE) Conference, 16-18 October, 2013 at Tianjin-China.
- 7th pan Commonwealth Forum PCF7 on Distance Education, Nigeria, Abuja. 2- 6, December 2013.
- 6th Conference of the African Council on Distance Education, ACDE, 7 – 8 June 2014, Zimbabwe.
- COL Workshop on Overview of Open and Distance Learning in The Gambia and Ghana. June 18-26, 2018.
- International Conference on Open, Distance &eLearning, Accra, Ghana. October 22-24, 2018.