Profile information Dr.Rosemary Saidu is PhD holder from Universityof Ilorin. She stared her career as a pupil teacher, to become a tutor both in junior and senior secondary schools in Ilorin and Lagos respectively from 1980-2008 to the rank of Chief Education Officer level 14 step 7 before she transferred her service to NOUN in July 2008. She was principal counsellor in Lokoja study centre and acted as centre overseer for some moths before a professor took over from her. She was assigned by the university to start Ogori centre in Kogi state which was commissioned on 25th October, 2010. She was transferred to Awa Ijebu study centre as a principal counsellor and role to Chief counsellor. She took over on 12 December ,2011 and actively acted as the study centre director up till September,2017. Under her able leadership, the student population rose from less than one thousand to almost five thousands. She was redeployed to Faculty of Education in September, 2017 as academic staff Lecturer 1. She has published in reputable journals both locally and internationally. She authored a book on Blissful marriage using theHoly bible to embelisn the book. She is widely travelled to some parts of Africa such as Kenya, Tanzania and also to several states in America such as New York, Califonia, Honolulu, Washington DC, Colorado and others. She is happily married and blessed with wonderful children . She is a Christianand a choir member in Deeper Life Bible Churchand an evangelist.
- Welfare chairman
- Desk officer for post teaching practice
- Desk officer for facilitators` appointment letter
- Former Acting Centre Director
- Counselling ( marital,personal social and skill acqsition )
- Psychology ( Child parenting)
- Career service
- Sex Education
- Dada, M.F., Ayena O. O., Saidu, R. F., Yusuf, A.F and Azekhueme, K.U (2003). The Role of Communication in the prevention of HIV/AIDS in Nigeria. Proceeding of the 27th Annual conference of counselling association of Nigeria (CASSON), of counselling.
- Saidu, R. .F. and Omoegun .O.M. (2007). in E.A Akinade Edition. The Lagos counselor. The relationship between academic excellence and career development among youths in Ilorin metropolis
- Saidu, R. F. (2008). Tips for a Blissful and Satisfactory Marriage and Rebuilding Broken Relationships. A Christian Marital Guidance Counsellor’s Perspective Lokoja: Medupin sucess publishers
- Chenube, O. O., Saidu, R. F. and Abidoye, A. B. (2010). The Role of Early Family factors in Criminal Recidivism. Official publication of the Counselling Association of Nigeria (CASSON). Vol.4, No.1 2010
- Chenube O. O., Saidu R. F. Omumu F. C., and Omomoyesan, M. B. (2011). Ife psychologia: Assessing the entrepreneurial Inclination of University Students in Delta State. An International Journal of Psychology in Africa. Vol. 19, No. 2, (Pg.436)
- Saidu, R. F. (2012). The Need for Effective Security Measures Towards curbing Examination Malpractices in NOUN, Proceeding of the 37th Annual Conference of the Counselling Association of Nigeria, Held at Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife from August 27th to 30th, 2012.
- Saidu, R. F., Arasomwan, M. A. and Saidu, R. O. (2012).Role of information Communication and Technologies in Quality Assurance in Open and Distance Learning. Official publication of the Counselling Association of Nigeria (CASSON) Lagos Chapter. Vol. 5, No. 1 August 2012
- Yusuf, F. A. and Saidu, R. F. (2013). Perceived Spousal Abuse among Married Teachers. Official publication of the Counselling Association of Nigeria (CASSON) Lagos Chapter. 6(1).
- Saidu, R. F. and Arogunyo .,K. O. (2013). Child Security Awareness in Nigeria and its Implications for Counselling. An Official Publication of Lagos State Chapter of Counselling Association of Nigeria (CASSON). Vol. 6. No. 1 August, 2013.
- Ofoha, D & Saidu,R. F (2014). Evaluating an Educational Program for Parents: A Nigerian Pilot Study, International Journal of School & Educational Psychology, 2:2, 137 – 147, DOI: 10.1080/21683603.2013.876953 ISSN: 2168-3603
- Ogunboyede.M.O , Dada.M.F, Saidu,R.F & Oyetayo,M.O (2014). Coping strategies for Marital Stress as Reported by Lecturers of Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo, Nigeria. The Counsellor, Vol. 33 No (1) 2014 ISSN 0189-0263
- Chenube, O., Lawerence,O.Aluede,O,Aribi,A.O,Saidu,R.F.&Oduma,J.(2017). Strategies for the reduction of School drop out of the girl-child due to pregnancy. International Journal of the Forum for African Women Educationist. Vol. 5 No 1
- Saidu,R. F. (2012). Development of NOUN Course Material title “Sex”, Family and Marital Counseling.
- Saidu, R.F.Impact of Information Communication Technologies (ICT) on National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) Mode of Learning: Counselling implication in the press for publication by International Women of Science Journal. 2018.
- Saidu, R. F(2018) Crisis management among youths for attainment of sustainable violent free society in Lagos: Women counsellors` perspectives: in the press for publication by International Women of Science Journal.
- INVESTIGATING INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) FOR PEACE AND DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA:Saidu, R. and Soyemi, E. in the press by Faculty of Education Journal(NOUN),2018.
- Bamidele,E. O and Saidu, R. F (2018) THE EFFECTS OF STRESS INNOCULATION AND PHYSICAL RELAXATION IN MANAGING OCCUPATIONAL STRESS AMONG HEALTH WORKERS IN EKITI STATE. Journal of Professional Counselling(JPC) Volume 1, No 1,2018. P 88-95
- Babatola A. M., Saidu, R.F and Omoegun, M. O. Intrapersonal Peace Initiative: Effects of Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy on Test – Anxiety in Biology Education.In the press for publication by Faculty of Education Journal (NOUN) 2018.
- Ofoha, D.,Ogidan, R. and Saidu, R. Child discipline and violence in Nigeria: A community based intervention to reduce violence discipline and other forms of negative punitive parenting practices.Review of major studies in Education .A publication of the British Education Research (BERA). Online, August, 2018
- Saidu, R.F (2018).Influence ofClassroom Management on the Academic Performance of Primary School Pupils. Accepted for vetting and publication at University of Portharcourt
- Member Counselling Assciation of Nigeria ( CASSON)
- Member of Association of Proffessional Counsellors in Nigeria( APROCON)
- Member of American Psychological Association (APA)
- Nigerian Union of Teachers (NUT)
- Faculty of Education and Extension services, Usman Danfodio University 5th Annual National Conference 5th-8th November, 2018. Paper presented Strategies for reducing Youth Unemployment and Youth Empowerment: Counsellor,s perspectives
- 38th International Conference of Educational Media and Technology Association of Nigeria held at Federal College of Education (Special) Oyo October, 2018 Paper presented Impact o f Information Communication Technologies (ICT) on National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) Mode of Learning: Counselling implication.
- 126th Annual Convention of American Psychological Association 7th – 10th August, 2018 at San Francisco Convention Centre, California USA. Paper presented Child discipline and violence in Nigeria: A community based intervention to reduce violence discipline and other forms of negative punitive parenting practices.
- 2nd International Conference of Association of Professional Counsellors in Nigeria (APROCON) 31st-3rd August, 2018 at Cultural Centre Abeokuta, Ogun State. Effect of Counsellors, Information and Communication Technology in Administration of students in National Open University of Nigeria
- OWSD 4th International Conference and Science Exhibition 16th-19th July, 2018 at National Universities Commission, Abuja FCT, Nigeria.) Crisis management among youths for attainment of sustainable violent free society in Lagos: Women counsellors` perspectives
- 1st International Conference of Social Sciences (ICOSS’2018) 24th-27th June, 2018 Imaged and Imagined: Africa and the Contemporary World-Issues in Security, Governance and Sustainable Development. National Open University of Nigeria, University Village, Abuja.Paper presented An analysis of confessional statement utility in criminal trials in Nigeria: Counsellors`role Saidu ,R
- 2nd Annual National Conference of the Department of Educational Management 22nd-24th May, 2018 Managing Education for the Attainment of Sustainable Development Goals(SDGS) in Nigeria ta Enugu State University of Science and Technology,(ESUT) Agbani Paper presented Attitudinal Dispositions of Teachers toward Children with Learning Disabilities: A Case Study of Some Selected Primary Schools in Ajaokuta Local Government Area of Kogi State Arogunyo K. and Saidu R.
- 1st Annual International Conference (AE-FUNAI 2018) Enhancing Students’ Leaning Experience and Satisfaction in Higher Education 23rd-26th SApril,2018 at Alex Ekwueme Federal University Ndufu-Alike, Ikwo, Ebonyi State, Nigeria. Paper presented Exploring the Role of Counsellors on Students` Academic Performance in National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) Saidu, R.
- 125th Annual Convention of American Psychological Association 4th-7th August, 2017 at Washington DC Convention Centre, District of Columbia, USA
- 41st International Conference of Counselling Association of Nigeria August ,2016 University of Lagos.
- 40th International Conference of the Counselling Association of Nigeria (CASSON) 17th -21st August, 2015 Abuja FCT.
- 123rdAnnual Convention of American Psychological Association 31st-3th August, 2015, Washington DC USA.
- 39th CASSON International Conference held at Benin, Edo State from 18th to 22nd August, 2014.
- 1st Annual Conference held on 8th – 11th September, 2014 at Model Study Centre, NOUN, Victoria Island, Lagos. Paper presented Intrapersonal Peace Initiative: Effects of Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy on Test – Anxiety in Biology Education and Information and Communication Technology (ICT) for Peace and Development.
- 121th Annual Convention American Psychological Association 30th – 4th August, 2013 at Hawaii Convention Centre Honolulu USA.Paper presented Evaluating an Educational Program for Parents: A Nigerian Pilot Study.
- Annual Conference of Lagos Chapter, Counseling Association of Nigeria (CASSON) at University of Lagos Akoka Lagos State. 7th – 8th November 2012
- 3rd ACDE Conference and General Assemble Programme and Book of Abstracts. Bridging the Development Gap in Africa through Open and Distance Learning. 12th – 15th July, 2011. Paper presented Saidu, R. F., Arasomwan, M. A. and Saidu, R. O. (2012).Role of information Communication and Technologies in Quality Assurance in Open and Distance Learning.
- 5 Day Conference of Counselling Association of Nigeria (CASSON) at University of Nigeria Enugu Campus from 2nd – 6th August, 2010
- 4 Day Conference in Boston USA from 14 – 17 July 2010 at North Eastern University Massachusetts. U.S.A Overseas Association of College Admission Counseling
- 33rd Annual conference of counselling association of Nigeria (CASSON) 2009 in educational research center Wuse Zone 7, Abuja.
- 32nd Annual National Conference of Counselling Association of Nigeria (CASSON) in University, of Ilorin, Ilorin, Kwara State on 18th – 22nd August, 2008 Paper presented . ADEOYE, E.A and SAIDU R.F. (2008). The contribution of Kwara State towards the effective implementation of Universal Basic Education Scheme: Importance of Guidance and Counselling in Effective implementation of U.B.E in Kwara State.
- 31stAnnual National Conference of Counselling Association of Nigeria (CASSON) in Covenant University, of Ota, Ogun State on 14th – 17th August, 2007.Paper presented OMOEGUN, O.M and SAIDU R.F (2007). Counselling in Nigeria on National Integration and The Need for Counselling in Effective implementation of UBE in Kwara State.
- 30th Annual National Conference of Counselling Association of Nigeria (CASSON) in Niger State on 18th – 23rd August, 2006. Paper presented Problem hindering retirees participation in Politics.
- 29th Annual Conference of the Counselling Association of Nigeria held from 15th – 19th August, 2005, at the University, of Calabar, Cross River State.
- 29th Annual National Conerence of Counselling Association of Nigeria (CASSON) at Government College Maiduguri, August, 2004.
- 27th Annual Conference of the Counselling Association of Nigeria held from 18th - 22nd August, 2003, at University of Ibadan, Oyo State Paper presented The Role of Communication in the prevention of HIV/AIDS in Nigeria.
- 25th Annual Conference of the Counselling Association of Nigeria held from 20th August, 2001, at Benue State University, Makurdi, Benue State.
programme to reduce violent discipline and other forms of negative parenting practices”. 2016/17 The research work was carried out and I represented the team to present a paper from the work at Convention center Sanfrancisco on 8th August, 2018 and it has been published on line British Education Research Association this year August by Ofoha, D.,Ogidan, R. and Saidu, R.