Dr Rosemary Ochanya Ogbodo-Adoga was born in a town Otukpo but came from Ochobo village in Ohimini Local Government Area of Benue State in Nigeria.
Wrapped with her zeal for Education, I am a Professional Guidance and Counsellor, Educator. I hold Degrees, Diplomas and Certificates in various field among which are Bachelor of Education Arts, Master in Guidance and Counselling all from University of Jos, between 1987 and 1990. I also obtained a post Graduate Diploma in Journalism, from the International Institute of Journalism, Abuja 1999. I also had the privilege of being the second student of post Graduate school to be Awarded Doctorate Degree in Guidance and Counselling, Faculty of Education, from University of Abuja in year 2000. I have certificate in computer science from the Institute of raw Materials, Abuja in 1999 and more self-development in computer and other areas.
In addition, in quest for more knowledge spiritually she obtained the Basic Certificate Course (BBC) April, 2001 Leadership Certificate- course (LCC) in April, 2002 and Diploma Leadership Certificate (LDC) in June, 2009 respectively all from the word of Faith Bible Institute (WOFBI) at Living Faith Church, Durumi 1, Abuja all with Distinction.
i have just been promoted to Associate Professor of Counselling with National Open University.
I am married with children. I belong to many Professional Associations and my Spiritual is intact with God.
- Chairman of Project in the Faculty of Education;
- Supervision of Students’ Projects
- Supervision of Students’ Teaching
- Practice Setting of Students TMA, POP and E-Examination
- Subject Marker in P.O.P Examination
- Course Writer and Review of the out dated materials
- P.O.P Supervision during Examination
- Work related to Guidance and Counselling
- Work related to Educational Area
- Work related to Psychology
- Work related to Career Development
- Work related to Entrepreneurship Education
- Work related to Family/ Marriage etc.
- Ogbodo, R. O. A (2018). The Need for Empowering Learners for Moral Counselling in Nigerian Schools: Page 209, An Official Publication of Association of Professional Counsellors of Nigeria (APROCON), Vol. 1. No 1, ISBN. 979-978-967-0703
- Ogbodo, R.O.A. (2018), Ethnics and Value for Nationoal Development; Implications for Counselling, The Researchers, A Journal of contemporary Educational Research. Vol. 1, Issue 3 June, 2018, ISSN: 2630 -7006 (Print Version) page 23 – 38
- Ogbodo, R.O.A. (2018), The Place of Guidance and Counselling in the National Policy of Education in Nigeria, page 185: African Journal of Educational Research and Development (AJERD), A Publication of the Nigerian Association for Educational Administration and Planning (NAEAP), University of Port Harcourt Chapter and Development of Educational Management, Faculty of Education University of Port Harcourt. Vol, 10, No. 1, September, 2018. ISSN: 2006-5450
- Ogbodo, R.O.A. (2018), Continuous Assessment in National Policy on Education, Role of Professional Guidance Counsellors page, 90 Vol. 10, No. 3, September (2018), ISSN: 2006 -5450
- Ogbodo, R. O. A. (2017). A Comprehensive Guidance for Writing a successful Research and defense, Zaria; Ahmadu Bello University Press Limited, ISBN: 978-025-02-X; Page 1-207.
- Ogbodo, R.O.A. (2017). The Newness Of Guidance and Counseling Practices in Schools, Port Harcourt: University of Port Harcourt Press, Nigeria, ISBN: 978-978-54021-3-5, PAGE 1-213.
- Ogbodo, R.O.A (2017) Survey of Cultism, Examination Malpractice and Drug Abuse, Zaria; Ahmadu Bello University press limited, ISBN: 978-354-4-5. Page 1-199.
- Ogbodo, R.O.A. (2017); Counselling NOUN students on good manners and Etiquette; Journal of Couselling Psychology on the Plateau .Vol. I No.4, 2017, ISSN: 2408-5529. Page 12-22 Publisher: Counselling Association of Nigeria (CASSON), Plateau State chapter, Jos, Nigeria.
- Ogbodo, R.O.A. (2017); The Relevance of ICT Communication in Counselling Practices in National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN): Journal of Couselling Psychology on the Plateau.Vol. No. 4, 2017, ISSN: 2408-5529. Page 23-31. Publisher: Counselling Association of Nigeria (CASSON), Plateau State chapter, Jos, Nigeria.
- Ogbodo, R.O.A. (2017): Maladaptive Behavior in the classroom; Implication for counselling: Vo6 No 1, (2017) ISSN Page 134-142, Publisher: Counseling Association of Nigeria (CASSON) Cross River State chapter, Calabar 1119-4383
- Ogbodo, R.O.A. (2017); Self-concept and Academic Achievement; Counselling implication, Vol.10, No.112, April 8 November, 2017. ISSN.0795-3186 page 175-186.Trends in Educational studies (TRES). A Journal of the Institute of Education, University of Port-Harcourt. Published by: Institute of Education, University of Port-Harcourt.
- Ogbodo, R.O.A (2017). Policy and Curriculum of Early Childhood Education in Nigeria; Focuses on Nursery Education; African Journal of Cross- Cultural Psychology and Sport Facilitation (AJCPSF).
- Ogbodo, R.O.A (2017).The Relevance of Tourism and Leisure for Healthy Living in Nigeria; Implication for Counseling; International Journal of Emotional Psychology and Sport Ethics (IJEPSE)
- Ogbodo, R.O.A. (2017). Empowerment for Woman Tourism: Roles of Guidance Counselors, Vol.24, June 2017 Edition, Nigerian Journal of Clinical and Counseling Psychology, University of Ibadan.
- Ogbodo, R.O.A (2016). The Need for Counseling for Peace in Nigeria; Journal of Faculty of Education, National Open University of Nigeria, Victoria Island, Lagos.
- Ogbodo, R.O.A. (2015); Using Guidance Programme in curbing Examination Malpractice in National Open University of Nigeria, (NOUN). Vol.11, No.1 page 104-113, Publisher: Journal of the Nigerian Academy of Education.
- Ogbodo, R. O. (2015); Self-Concept and Academic Achievement: Counseling implication: Conference organized by Faculty of Education on Stress Management from 2nd September to 3rd June, 2015, University of Port Harcourt, River State.
- Ogbodo, R.O.A. (2015); Effects of stress on Public Servants in Nigeria and the role of Counsellors for stress management, Vol. I (2015) page 120-135, Publisher: Academic Journal of counselling physiology, Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijebu- Ode, Ogun State, Nigeria.
- Ogbodo, R.O.A. (2015); Roles of Counsellors in Entrepreneurship Education in National Open University of Nigeria, (NOUN); vol. 17, (2015) ISSN, 1119-7048, Page 1242-1256 Publisher: International Journal of Psychology and Sport Ethics (IJEPSE).
- Ogbodo, R.O.A. (2015); The Historical Development of Guidance and Counselling vol. 17, (2015), ISSN, 1119-7056, page 1202-1213, Publisher: African Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology and Sport Facilitation, (AJCPSF).
- Ogbodo, R.O.A. (2014), The Concept of Vocational Guidance; implications for Counselling, Vol. I, No. I, 2014, Maiden Edition, page 71-79, Coal City, Publisher, Counselling Journal, Counselling Association of Nigeria, Enugu State Chapter, (CASSON).
- Ogbodo, R.O.A. (2013); Impact of Boko Haram Terrorism on the National Security and Social-Economic Development Vol. 11, No1, 2013, ISSN. 1597-8540, page 235-245, Publisher: Journal of Applied Education and Vocational Research, Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijebu- Ode, Ogun State, Nigeria.
- Ogbodo, R.O. (2010): Effective Study Habits in Educational Sector: Counselling Implications, Vol. 3, and No. 2 page 229-239, Publisher: Edo Journal of Counselling, Official Publication of Counselling Association of Nigeria, (CASSON).
- Ogbodo, R.O. (2010); Human Rights Education, and the Nigerian Child; Implications for Counselling, Vol.15, No.1, (2010), page 61-73, Publisher: The Nigeria Journal of Guidance and Counselling; An International Journal, The Department of Counsellor Education, Faculty of Education, University of Ilorin, Nigeria.
- Ogbodo, R.O.A. (2006). Indiscipline and Corruption in Nigeria Political Setting; from Christian Perspective and Implication for Counseling. Conference Proceedings for the 30th Annual National Conference of The Counseling Association of Nigeria, (CASSON), held at Minna Niger State, Page 216-229. Official publication of Ccounseling Association of Nigeria, (CASSON).
- Ogbodo, R.O. (2006); Open and Distant Learning Education through Television Broadcasting; implications for Counselling, Vol. 7, ISSN. 1117- 6350, page 30-39, Publisher; Benue state University Journal of Education, Makurdi, Benue State.
- Ogbodo, R.O.A. (2005), Abuse of Exceptional Children and Counseling Implications. Conference Proceedings for the 28th Annual Conference of the Counseling Association of Nigeria(CASSON), held at
- A vice chairman of FCT Counselling Association of Nigeria from 2011 to 2015
- A member of Professional Association of Counsellors, Nigeria
- A member of Nigerian Union of Teachers, Nigeria
- A member of Nigeria Mentoring and Career Coaching, Nigeria.
- A member of American Psychological Association (APA).
- Her Spiritual life, she serves in counselling unit and sanctuary keeping, living faith church, worldwide.
- Ogbodo, R.O.A. (2018), improving teaching and learning through Guidance and Counselling Services in Territory Institutions in Nigeria; Being a paper presented at 1st Annual International Conference, Federal University, Ndufu – Ajike Ikwo; From April 23rd – 26th April, 2018 on Theme: Enhancing Students’ Learning Experience and satisfaction in Higher Education.
- Ogbodo, R.O.A. (2018), Effective pedagogy of teaching and learning in primary schools: Implications for Educational Counselling A Paper Presented at first Annual International Conference of Faculty of Social Sciences, National Open University of Nigeria ‘ICOSS’ 2018 No. 36: From June 17th – 20th June, 2018, Venue: Jabi University Village Head quarter, Abuja, On Theme: Imaged or Imagined: Africa and the contemporary world: Issues Insecurity Government and Sustainable Development.
- Ogbodo, R.O.A. (2018), the Role of Professional Counsellors in the Universal Basic Education, UBE). In the 21st century: A Paper presented in the Association of Professional Counsellors in Nigeria (APROCON), International Conference. On theme: Transforming Nigeria’s Education in the 21st century through counselling. From 31st July to 4th August, 2018. Venue: Cultural Centre, Kuto, Abeokuta Ogun State.
- Ogbodo, R.O.A. (2018), Role of Counselling in Developing Entrepreneurship Skills Among the Nigeria Youths for National Security: Being a Paper Presented Conference of Education, Niger Delta University, Wilber Force Island, Bayelsa State, Nigeria, From 27th to 31st August, 2018.
- Ogbodo, R.O.A. (2018), The Needs of Counselling for Mentally Retarded in inclusive Education in Universal Basic Education in Abuja: Being a paper presented at the First International West Africa Education Conference of the Nigerian Academy of Education (NAE), under the Distinguished Chairmanship of Jean- Claude Kassi Brou, President of ECOWAS, From 8th – 12th October, 2018, venue: ECOWAS Commission, Abuja. On Theme: Education for Global Relevance, Regional Integration and Competiveness: Sub- theme: Inclusive Educative Education.
- Ogbodo, Ri.O.A (2018), Guidance and Counselling Needs for Sustainable Career Decision Making Among Senior Secondary Schools Students in Abuja, Paper to be Presented at 5th National Conference, Faculty of Education, Benue State University, (BSU) Makurdi, on the Theme: Research in Education for Sustainable Development in Nigeria. Sub- Theme: Research in Guidance and Counselling for Sustainable Development, From 7th – 10th November 2018.
- Venue: Chemistry Auditorium, Western Wing, Benue State University Campus, Makurdi.
- Ogbodo, R. O. A (2017). The Need for Moral Counselling in Nigerian Schools: A paper presented during the Association of Professional Counsellors of Nigeria (APROCON) Lagos, 2017 from 21st – 25th August 2017 by the Lagos State Chapter at the University of Lagos on the Theme: School Based Counselling Teachers/Counsellor Controversy.
- Ogbodo, R. O. A (2017); Counselling intervention for depression in Nigeria; A Paper presented during the World Health Organization Day (WHO) ON 7th April, 2017: organized by the Faculty of Health Sciences, National Open University of Nigeria in Collaboration with Nigerian Psychological Association at Abuja Model Study Centre, National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN), Kubwa Expressway, FCT.
- Vice Chancellor, Prof. A. U. Adamu was Chairman of the occasion.
- Ogbodo, R. O. A (2017); Counselling NOUN Students on good manners and Etiquette: A presentation during the three days Conference organized by Counselling Association of Nigeria, Plateau State Chapter from 5th – 8th March 2017 at the University of Jos, Plateau State.
- Ogbodo, R. O. (2016); Maladaptive Behavior in the Classroom; Implications for Counselling. Two days Conference organized by Counseling Association of Nigeria, Cross River State Chapter on 12th November, 2015, University of Calabar, Cross River State.
- Ogbodo, R. O. (2015); Self-Concept and Academic Achievement: Counseling implication: Conference organized by Faculty of Education on Stress Management from 2nd September to 3rd June, 2015, University of Port-Harcourt, River State.
- Ogbodo, R. O. (2014). Quality Education through Guidance and Counselling for National Open University of Nigeria, being a paper presented at the Nigeria Academy of Education Conference, inUniversity of Uyo, from 8th to 11th October, 2014.
- Ogbodo, R. O. (2015); The Need for Counselling for Peace in Nigeria; a paper present at the one day Conference organized by Faculty of Education, National Open University of Nigeria, Victoria island Lagos, May 2014.
- Ogbodo, R. O. A. (2015); Leadership by example and the role of the Counsellors in Nigeria, from Christian perspective, A paper presented at the Conference of Uyo State Youth Empowerment: from 8th -10th July, (2015), Faculty of Education, University of Uyo, AKwa-Ibom State.
- Ogbodo, R. O. A. (2015). The Concept of Vocational Guidance; implication for Counselling. A paper presented at Counselling Association of Nigeria, Enugu State chapter, University of Nigeria, Nsuka Campus.
- Ogbodo, R. O. A. (2015). The role of Nigeria women in mass medical: implications for counseling. A paper presented during the Journalist Conference on the 9th -11th July, 2013, in the Institute of Journalism, Area 11, Garki, Abuja.
- Ogbodo, R. O. A. (2015). Sensitizing Students on the Prevention of Cultism in Federal Unity Schools and FCT Schools, Abuja, from 28th – 29th September, 2013. A paper delivered during the conference organized by the Federal Ministry of Education and FCDA Secondary Schools Board, for their teachers and students, at National University Commission, Abuja.
- Ogbodo, R. O. A. (2015). Counselling Guidance for Educating the Nigerian Child; A paper presented at the FCT Teachers’ Association Conference organized by the FCT Universal Basic Education Board (UBEB) at the Local Education Authority, Wuse, zone 5, Abuja from 8th – 9th may 2015.
- Ogbodo, R. O. (2015). Classroom Management and Effective Teaching, Counseling Implication: A Paper delivered to the newly employed teachers: one day conference organized by Bwari Area council, Department of Education, on the 12th September, 2014
- As a best Counsellor and leardership 2015 by FCT Counselling Association of Nigeria (CASSON)
- Award best Welfare Initiative in Ochobo Community Development, 2015, 2016, and 2017