Dr. ONI Leah Olubunmi was born in Ado-Ekiti five decades ago. She is a native of Ifaki-Ekiti, Ekiti State. She had her Primary Sschool Certificate from St Joseph R.C.M. Akure in 1980. She also had her secondary education in Adu Memorial High School Akure, Ondo- State and St. Louis Grammar School, Ikere-Ekiti, Ekiti State in 1986 and 1988 respectivelyShe later proceeded to Ondo State College of Education, Ikere Ekiti now Ekiti State College of Education in 1991 for her Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) in Mathematics/Guidance & Counseling. She also had B.Ed. in Guidance & Counseling and Mathematics as teaching subject from Ondo State University now Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti in 1997. She later proceeded to the prestigious University of Ibadan for her M.Ed. and Ph.D in Educational Evaluation in 2005 and 2013. She taught Mathematics and Further Mathematics in different secondary schools from 1992 to 2017 before joining National Open University Nigeria in 2017. She was a facilitator for National Teacher Institute (NTI) for Fifteen (15) years whereby she participated in the marking, teaching practice and project supervision of students. She received scholarship award for best Ph.D. students from Ekiti State Goverment for the 2007/2008 academic session. She is a member of many professional bodies and has wriiten several books and journals. She is married and blessed with children.
- Member, Faculty Reseach Committee
- Member, Faculty Facilitation Committee
- Academic Staff in charge of PGDE Programme
- Academic Staff in charge of Early childhood Education Programme.
- Evaluation of TETFUND
- Evaluation of Academic Staff Development
- Teaching and Learning of Mathematics
- Assessment of Monitoring and Evaluation
- Oni L.O. (2013), Relevance of Employability Skills to Nigeria University Graduates. A Journal of National Association of Educational Research and Evaluators Vol. 13, No. 1. Pp. 125-134.
- Akinyemi T.M., Babatunde O.E and Oni L.O. (2013). Undergraduate Students attitude towards the teaching and learning of biblical languages – a case study of university of Ibadan and Ilorin – Yoloye book of reading Institute of Education, University of Ibadan, Ibadan. Pp. 135-143
- Oni L.O. (2015), Tertiary Education Trust Fund Intervention Programme in the Nigerian Universities; Perspective of Students in Southwest, Nigeria.- Prof. Emeke, book of reading, Institute of Education, University of Ibadan. Pp. 236-250
- Oni L.O & Abijo J.A, (2015). Students’ Perception of Tertiary Education Trust Fund Intervention Programme on Infrastructural Facilities in Universities in Southwest, Nigeria,. Academic Journal of Research and Development (AJORAD). Vol.5.No.1 December, 2015. Pp. 99-112.
- Abijo J.A & Oni L.O, (2015), Teacher and Students’ Characteristics As Correlates of Students’ Achievement in Yoruba Grammar at the Senior Secondary School, Level Academic Journal of Research and Development(AJORAD). Vol.4, No.1 June, 2015. Pp. 18-27
- Oni L.O. & Adewale; J.G. (2016) Evaluation of Academic Staff Development, Component of the Education Trust Fund Intervention in Southwestern Nigeria Universities. Africa journal of pedagogy, vol.8, 87-104, 2016. Pp. 87-103
- Olutosin A. Otekunrin, Leah O. Oni and Oluwaseun A. Otekunrin. (2017), Challenges, Attitudes and Academic Performance of Agriculture science Student in Public Secondary Schools of Ibadan North, Nigeria. Journal of Scientific Research & Reports 13 (1); 1-11, 2017; Article no. JSRR.31216 SCIENCEDOMAIN international.www.sciencedomain.org
- Member, Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN)
- Member, Association of Educational Researchers and Evaluators of Nigeria (ASSEREN)
- Member, Global Education Network (GEN)
- Member, Association of Behavioural Research Analystis and Psychometricians (AB-REAP)
- 5th Annual Conference of the Faculty of Education Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto held at Auditoriun Permanent Site Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto. Novermber 5th-8th, 2018. Paper Presented: The Imperatives of National Security for Economic Empowement in Nigeria. .
- 30th International Conference of University of Ibadan Distance Learnig Center (UIDLC),University of Ibadan held at DLC Auditorium, Ajibode, Ibadan. October 29th-31st, 2018. Paper Presented: Open and Distance Learning: A Key to Human and National Develpopment in Nigeria.
- 1st International Conference of the Faculty of Social Science, National Open University of Nigeria (ICOSS 2018) held at Convocationa Arena, National Open University of Nigeria, Abuja. August 24th-27th, 2018. Paper Presented:. Access to University Education: Investment in the Future of Nigerian Youth Through Open and Distance Learning.
- 1st International Conference of Faculty of Education, Federal UniversityNdufu-Alike Ikwo, Ebonyi State, Nigeria (FUNAI) held at Venue: University Auditorium. April 23rd – 26th, 2018. Paper Presented: Effect of Cooperative Learning Strategy on Students’ Achievement in and Attitude to Mathematics
- 20th Annual National Conference of Association of Educational Researchers and Evaluators of Nigeria (ASSEREN),ABUJA 2018, July 9th-12th, 2018. Paper Presented: Implementation of Continuous Assessment Practice In Secondary Schools.
- 5th Annual International Conference of Faculty of Education Enugu State University of Technology (ESUT) Held on 16th_ 18th May, 2018. Paper presented: Availability and Utilisation of Instructional Materials on Teaching Mathematics on Students’ Perfomance in Senior Secondary School.
- 4th Annual International Conference of Niger Delta University, Faculty of Education, Bayelsa State, Nigeria. 27th -31st August, 2018. Paper presented: Dealing with Emerging Security Challenges in Secondary Schools in Nigeria.
- 3rd Annual Conference of Global Education Network (GEN), in Universityof Ghana, Legon. Titled: Role of Education in Development. 28th-30th May, 2013. Paper presented: Evaluation of Academic Staff Development, Component of the Education Trust Fund Intervention in Southwestern Nigeria Universities.
- 15th Annual National Conference of Association of Educational Researchers and Evaluators of Nigeria (ASSEREN),Ilorin 2013, July 8th-13th, 2013. Paper presented: Relevance of Employability Skills to Nigeria University Graduates.
- 2nd Annual conference of Institute of Education of University of Ibadan. Held on 8th -10 February, 2010. Paper presented: Evaluation of Education Trust Fund Intervention in University of Ibadan
- Award of scholarship for the Ph.D. students who are brilliant indigenes of Ekiti-State in Nigeria Universities for the 2007/2008 academic session by Ekiti -State government.