Dr. OGBONNA Sylvanus Ibeabuchi who is a native of Umuejia- Umunna Nvosi in Isiala-Ngwa South local Government Area of Abia State. I was born 8th of April 1964. I attended Amaisi Primary School Mgbokonta in Umunna Nvosi. My secondary School was Government Collage Umuahia where I finished in 1979. I attended Rivers State University of Science and Technology where I graduated with HND in Crop Science in 1983. I attended Enugu State University of Technology and graduated with Post Graduate Diploma in Agricultural Economics and Extension in 1991. I attended and graduated with a Master of Science degree( MSc) and a Ph.D in Agricultural Economics (Agricultural Finance) from Abia State University Uturu in 2014 and 2017 respectively.
- Member Admission Committee
- Member Deciplinary Committee
- Member welfare committee
- Osondu, C. K., K. C. Obike and S. Ogbonna (2014). Determinants of decision to non-farm entrepreneurship by women farmers in Ikwuano LGA of Abia State. European Journal of Agriculture and Forestry Research Vol.2,No.4,pp 41-52.
- Ogbonna S. I. and Osondu C. K. (2015). Determinants of supply of funds to agricultural sector from sources in Nigeria from1992 to 2012. Greener Journal of Agricultural Sciences ISSN: 2276-7770 ICV: 6.15
- Osondu, C. K*, S. I. Ogbonna1 and C. O. Emerole (2015) Level and determinants of women farmers access to informal credit in Abia State, Nigeria. Asian Journal of Agricultural Extension, Economics & Sociology 7(1):1-10, 2015; Article no.AJAEES, 18105 ISSN2320-7027.
- Osondu, C. K, K.C Obike and S.I Ogbonna (2015). Savings, income and investment patterns and its determinants among small holder arable crop farmers in Umuahia Capital Territory, Abia State, Nigeria. European Journal of Business and Inovation Research, Vol.3, No.1, PP 51-70
- Ogbonna, S. I., C. K. Osondu and C. O. Emerole (2015). Formal credit supply determinants of agricultural contribution to gross domestic product (GDP) in Nigeria (1992-2012) Asian Journal of Agricultural Extension, Economics & Sociology 9(3): 1-11, 2016; Article No. AJAEES> 18106 ISSN: 2320-1027.
- Osondu, C. K., Emerole, C. O. Ezeh, C. I. and Ogbonna, S. I. (2015). Informal micro financing and implications on status of poverty of women farmers in Abia State, Nigeria. Journal of Global Economics, Management and Business Research. 4(1): 23 - 32
- Ogbonna, S. I. and Charles Kelechi Osondu (2018). Analysis of supply structure and trends of formal funding of agriculture in Nigeria (1992-2012). Scientific Papers Series, “Management Economic Engineering in Agriculture and Rural development. Vol. 18 Issue 1, 2018. Print ISSN 2285-3952.
- Member Agricultural Society of Nigeria.
- 2nd International Conference on Food Security and Hidden Hunger-October 7th-10th 2018.Held at Alex Ekwueme Federal University Ndufu Alike. Title of Paper Presented “ Cottage Chicken Egg Production and Food Security Status in Abia State.
- Nigerian Association of Agricultural Economists(NAAE) 19th Annual Conference held at Federal College of Forestry Mechanization(FCFM) Afaka-Kaduna State.15th-18th October 2018. Title of Paper Presented “Chicken Egg Marketer’s Characteristics and Market share in Abia state, Nigeria.
- 52ND Annual Conference of the Agricultural Society of Nigeria(ASN) held at The Agricultural Research Council of Nigeria Abuja between 22nd- 26th October 2018. Title of Paper Presented “ Maize Varieties,its primary products and consumer willingness to pay in Aba Agricultural Zone of Abia State, Nigeria.
- Umuejia Nvosi family Union. Award of Honour Presemted on the 31ST December 2006.
- Chieftence Award by the traditional ruler of my community HRH Eze Benedict A Onumaegbu (The Out-bu-ike 1of Umunna Nvosi Autonomous Community) on the 25th December 2010.