Dr Louis Okon Akpan began his academic journey 20 years ago at University of Calabar where he bagged B.Sc.(Ed.) in Geography Education. He proceeded to University of Ibadan for M.Sc. in Climatology and M.Ed. in Comparative Education. He obtained Ph.D in Comparative Education from University of KwaZulu-Natal, Edgewood campus, South Africa. He published widely both in national and international journals. His research areas are: Nomadic Education, Aboriginal Education, Gender Studies, Social Justice Education and Migration Studies. Currently, he is working on a comparative study of national school feeding programme in Nigeria and South Africa.
- T.P supervison
- Comparative Education
- Nomadic Education,
- Aboriginal Education
- Gender Studies
- Social Justice Education
- Migration Studies
- Akpan, L.O. & Lawal, B. O. (2002). Comparative analysis of sandwich education programme in University of Calabar and University of Sokoto, 1990-2000. Journal of Educational Administration, 9 (1), 160-171.
- Akpan, L.O. (2004). High Rate of dropout among sandwich Education students in some selected Universities in Nigeria, International Journal of Educational, planning, Administration. 2(1), 256-261.
- Akpan, L.O. (2005). Historical Development of Primary Education in Fishing Settlement of Niger Delta region of Nigeria. African Journal of Historical Sciences in Education. 5(1), 99-104.
- Akpan, L. O. (2006). Climatic variations and fish catch in Cross River State Basin, Nigeria, Journal of the Tree Club Obeche, 25(1).84-89.
- Akpan L.O. (2008). The Role of Continuing Education Programme in Eradicating Poverty among Nigerian Youths. Journal of Qualitative Education, 5 (1), 137-141
- Akpan, L.O. (2008). Trends of HIV/AIDS Mortality in Nigeria: Its impact on Universal Basic Education (UBE) Programme in Nigeria. Journal of Historical Science and Education, 4(1). 73-83.
- Akpan, L. O. & Fatoki, O. (2008).The Tragedy of Widowhood and property Inheritance in Akwa Ibom state of Nigeria: Educational panacea. Journal of Educational Administration and Planning,1 (1), 174-187.
- Akpan, L. O. (2010). Historical Development of Nomadic education in Akwa Ibom State. Journal of Qualitative Education. 6, (2), 94-98
- Akpan, L. O. & Prof Wassermann, J. (2012). Educational policies for nomadic people in Nigeria from the pre-colonial era to 1986. In Wassermann, J & Reddy, S. (Eds.).Surveying student research in the humanities. Proceeding of the 2012 Postgraduate Conference of the University of kwaZulu-Natal, Howard College. Pp.396-410.
- Akpan, Louis Okon (2017). A comparative analysis of nomadic education policies in Kenya, Somalia and Mongolia. Academic Journal of Research and Development.7 (2), 13-34.
- Akpan, L.O. (2018).Political undertone in the development of nomadic education in Africa: Lessons from Nigeria. American Journal of Qualitative Research, 2 (1), 1-21.
- Akpan, Louis Okon (2018). Teenage mothers and challenges of re-enrolment in senior secondary schools in Bungoma County, Kenya. Niger Delta Journal of Education. 10 (1), 231-240. Book chapters
- Akpan, Louis Okon, (2017). University education and its impact on Nigerian technological advancement. In Meda, L. & Makura, A.H (Eds.).Technology Driven Curriculum for 21st Century Higher Education Students in Africa (pp.187-211) Bamenda: Langaa Research & Publishing CIG. ISBN-13
- Akpan, L.O. (2013).The elongation and perpetuation of long stay in office by Nigerian political leaders (2013) In Dr. B.Mngomezulu (Ed.). The president for life pandemic in Africa (pp.81-104). London: Adonis & Abbey Publisher Ltd.
- 37th Annual National Conference on Managing Education for National Cohesion and Global Competitiveness, held at Nasarawa State University, Keffi, Nasarawa State, Nigeria on 8-11th October, 2018. Paper presented :Exploring Males Dominance in Managerial Positions in Nigerian Universities
- A paper to be presented at 4th Annual International Conference, organise by Faculty of Education, Niger Delta University, Balyelsa State. Paper presented : Nomadic education as a panacea for farmers and pastoralists’ conflicts in Benue state, Nigeria
- 39th Annual International Conference on ICT and Educational Technology in the 21st Centurty, held at Federal College of Education (Special), Oyo, Oyo State on 15-19th October, 2018. Paper presented: Use of Facebook in teaching nomadic children in Kenya: A lesson for Nigeria
- International Education Conference held on 11-15 October, 2015, at Las Vagas, Nevada, USA.
- Colloquium on Language Education in Curriculum and African Languages Pedagogy, held on 17-19 September, 2015. Durban, South Africa.
- 5th International Conference on Humanities, Historical and Social Sciences, held on 25-26th September, 2014. Bangkok, Thailand.
- College of Humanities Postgraduate Conference Held on the 3-4th October, 2012 Howard Campus, University of KwaZulu-Natal.