DR. KALU IDIKA AWA holds a Bachelor of Science degree with second class upper in Business Administration from the University of Benin and MBA Banking & Finance and PhD in Banking & Finance both obtained from the University of Nigeria. A Chartered Associate of the Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria, Member Nigerian Institute of Management and Affiliate Member Personnel Institute of Nigeria; and has over twenty five (25) years post qualification experience as a Scholar, Lecturer, and Insurance Practitioner. He also was a Council Member of the Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria, during which period he doubled as Chairman, of the Port Harcourt branch of the Institute; an institution he earlier served as Deputy Chairman. Awa is also a member of the Nigerian Council of Registered Insurance Brokers. To his credit are various courses attended locally and abroad and many published and unpublished academic papers. Awa is currently involved in Management Consultancy, Training and Academics. Awa is married and have four children. At a young age, Dr Awa played active football, table tennis, lawn tennis, badminton and a host of other games. These games form his hobbies including Scrabble and community service. In community service, Kalu is currently the President General of Asaga (Ohafia) Development Union and a life Trustee. An active Christian of the Presbyterian denomination.
- Academic work
- Adminitrative work, where needful
- Public Finance
- Risk Management and Insurance
- Social Security, Retirement Management and Pensions
- Awa, K. I. (2004). Issues in pensions reform. NICON News, 3(3), 37, 56.
- Awa, K. I. (2013). Capital formation among indigenous Nigerian small-scale firms. World Multidisciplinary Journal of Research Development & Reformation, 1(1).
- Awa, K. I. (2015). The causes, dynamics, and effects of global economic crisis. Journal of Economics and Sustainable Development, 6(6).
- Awa, K. I. (2016). Functional structure and operational issues: An examination of core challenges and remedies. IOSR Journal of Business and Management, 18(1). Ver. III, 1-4.
- Awa, K. I. (2016). Effect of public expenditure on economic growth in Nigeria (1981-2013). Journal of Finance, 4(9).
- Awa, K. I. & Mbah, R. O. (2016). An empirical analysis of the effect of public expenditure on economic growth in Nigeria (1981-2013). Research Journal of Finance and Accounting, 7(20), 60-72.
- Mbah, R. O. & Awa, K. I. (2016). Responsiveness of economic growth to foreign direct investment and exports in Nigeria, (1989-2014). Researchjournali’s Journal of Finance, 4(9), 1-14.
- Associate Member, Chartered Inasurance Institute of Nigeria
- Member, The Nigerian Council of Registered Insurance Brokers