Dr. Jane-Frances Obiageli Agbu obtained her first degree in Psychology from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN). She subsequently obtained her Masters and Doctorate degrees in Clinical Psychology from the University of Lagos, Nigeria (UNILAG). She is currently an Associate Professor of Clinical Psychology at the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN), Faculty of Health Sciences.
She was a Graduate Fellow, Department of Psychology, University of Lagos from 2001 – 2005; Course Coordinator for the Post Graduate Diploma Programme in HIV/AIDS Education and Management, National Open University of Nigeria, 2006 – 2014; Adjunct Senior Lecturer, Department of Psychology, University of Lagos, 2013 – 2016; Head of Open Educational Resources Unit, National Open University of Nigeria, 2014 – 2016; Dean, Faculty of Health Sciences, National Open University of Nigeria, 2016 – 2018. She is at present Study Centre Director (Wuse 2 study centre, Abuja) of the National Open University of Nigeria and visiting Associate Professor, Department of Psychology, Baze University, Abuja.
Jane-Frances Obiageli Agbu is a Fellow of the Nigerian Psychological Association (FNPA); holds an International Council for Distance Education (ICDE) Chair in Open Educational Resources; and Member, Board of Directors, Open Education Consortium (OEC).
- Academic and Administrative duties
- Gender, Health and Development
- Body Dysmophic Disorder
- Technology and stress
- eLearning and OER
Chapters in Books
- Agbu, J. O. (2015). Under-participation of Women in Nigerian Politics: A Psychological Perspective. In A. Momoh (ed). Democracy and Socio-economic issues in Nigeria. Abuja, Nigeria: Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung. pp. 90-107
- Agbu, J. O. (2013). Application of Malcolm Knowles andragogical assumptions to the adult e-Learning context. Pedagogical Psychology: A book of reading in honour of late Prof. Babatunde Ipaye. Lagos: Learner support services directorate, NOUN. Pp. 173-185. Articles in Conference Proceedings
- Agbu, J. O. (2017). Understanding ‘smart University’ through incidental learning experience of open and distance learning. In C. M. Stracke, M. Shanks and Tveiten, O. Official proceedings of the WLS and LINQ conference. Bethum: Logos Verlang Belin.
- Agbu, J. O. & Yeasmin, S. (2013). “Designing an Effective e-Learning Course: Experiences from an Open Polytechnic of New Zealand Course of 2013” `http://pcfpapers.colfinder.org/bitstream/handle/5678/241/Paper%20356%20%... Articles in Learned Journals Foreign Journals
- Onyemaka, S. B., Igbokwe, D. O., Adekeye, O. A. & Agbu, J. O. (2017). ‘I failed because I was playing videogame’. Examination of undergraduate males videogeame addiction and academic performance. Covenant International Journal of Psychology, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp 35 – 45.
- Agbu, J. O.; Mulder, F.; de Vries, F.; Tenebe, A. & Caine, A. (2016). The best of two worlds at the National Open University of Nigeria. Open Praxis,Vol. 8, Issue 2, p. 111-121
- Agbu, J. O. (2015). Assessing Technostress among Open and Distance Learning Practitioners: A Comparative Study. ASEAN Journal of Open and Distance Learning, Vol. 7. No. 1; p 43-56
- Agbu, J. O. (2015). Management of Negative Self Image with Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy and Assertiveness Training. ASEAN Journal of Psychiatry, Vol 16 (1)January - June
- Agbu, J. O. & Ibida, M. (2014). Assessment of Negative Self-image and Fear of Negative Evaluation among Adolescents and Young Adults. Psychology Reseach, Vol, 4, No. 11; p. 905-914
- Agbu, J. O. (2013). Development and Validation of Technostress Rating Scale. West African Journal of Open and Flexible Learning, Vol 2 No. 2; p55-74
- Agbu, J. O. & Ibida, E. (2012) Recognising Type A Behaviour among Doctoral Students. Educational Research Journal, Vol 2, (9): p300-30 Nigerian Journals
- Igbokwe, D. O., Oyewole, F. O., Prekake, T. S., Agoha, B. C. E. & Agbu, J. O. (2017). Factor structure, Reliability and Validity of Two Statistical Anxiety Measures in a sample of Nigerian Psychology Undergraduates. Nigerian Psychological Research, Vol. 5, Pp. 663-681
- Igbokwe, D. O., Agbu, J. O., Adekeye, O. A., Adeusi, S. O., Obidiran, O. D., Yabilsu, S.J., Akindele, Z. A., Agoha, B. C. E. & Ndom, R. J. E. (2016). Revalidation of some measures of psychological wellbeing using a cross-section of Nigerian adults. Nigerian Psychological Research, Vol. 4. Pp.572-593.
- Adoyi, O. & Agbu, J. O. (2015). An appraisal of female crime in the colonial Benue province of Nigeria. The Nasara Journal of Humanities, Vol. 5. No. 2: p 184-201
- Agbu, J. O. (2014). Development and Validation of Perceived Readiness for Open and Distance Learning Scale. NOUN Journal of Education, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp 9-1 Psychological Test Instruments in circulation, developed and validated by Agbu J. O.)
- Agbu J. O. (2013). Technostress Rating Scale (TRS). Psychometric findings for TRS published in West African Journal of Open and Flexible Learning, Vol 2 No. 2; p55-74
- Agbu, J. O. (2014). Perceived Readiness for Open and Distance Learning Scale, (PRODL). Psychometric findings published in Journal of Education, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp 9-19 Technical Reports and Monographs
- Agbu, J. O. and Mishra, S. (2017). Open Educational Education Resources Policy for Higher Education in Nigeria. Vancouver Canada: Commonwealth of Learning https://oerknowledgecloud.org/sites/oerknowledgecloud.org/files/2017_Agb...
- Ogunlela, V. B; Olaniyi, M. O.; Ogunsipe, A. O. & Agbu, J. O. (2012). Biotechnology as a Tool for National Development: Proceedings of the 25th Annual Conference of Biotechnology Society of Nigeria, Lagos: Lobi-Osho Press. 345 pp Course Materials
- Nwanna, C. and Agbu. J. O. (2015). HAM 810: Gender and HIV/AIDS. Lagos: National Open University of Nigeria (edited and ready for upload) – 171pp (cited)
- Agbu, J. O., Igbokwe, D. & Isreal, U. (2015). HAM 806: Mental Health and HIV/AIDS. Lagos: National Open University of Nigeria (edited and ready for upload) -155pp. (cited)
- Honorary ICDE Chair in Open Educational Resources: 2017 – 2021
- Fellow: Institute for Open Leadership, NY
- International Staff Exchange: Shanghai Open University, China - June/July 2014
- Commonwealth of Learning (COL) Scholarship for Certificate in Designing and Facilitating E-Learning (Level 5). Open Polytechnic of New Zealand - June 2012 – June 2013
- Financial Secretary, Nigerian Association of Clinical Psychologist (NACP) – 2013 till date
- Laureate: Institute of Health, Politics and Society in Africa - Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa (CODESRIA), Dakar, Senegal - 2004
- Member – Nigerian Psychological Association (NPA)
- Member – Nigerian Association of Clinical Psychologists
- Member – Graduate OER Global Network, UNESCO
- Member – African Council for Distance Education (ACDE)
- Member – International Council for Distance Education (ICDE)
- Member – Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa (CODESRIA), Senegal