Dr Ihuoma, Chinwe is a Senior Lecturer in Guidance and Counselling, in the Department of Educational Foundations, Faculty of Education, NOUN. I have a good number of Publications in reputable Local and International Journals. My research works span the area of Education and Guidance and Counselling generally with specific bias for Women and young people.
- COURSE MATERIAL DEVEPT. & REVIEW
- PROJECT SUPERVISION
- BEHAVIOUR MODIFICATION
- DEVELOPMENTAL STUDIES
- GENDER ISSUES
- GENERAL COUNSELLING
- IHUOMA, C.P. (2000) SOCIAL SKILLS TRAINING AND SELF- STATEMENT TECHNIQUES IN THE TREATMENT OF SCOIALLY ANXIOUS ADOLESCENCE IN LAGOS METROPOLIS, NIGERIA. (UNPUBLISHED PH.D THESIS)
- IHUOMA, C.P. (1990) A STUDY ON MANGERIAL LEARNING AND PROBLEM SOLVING STYLES (UNPUBLISHED M.ED THESIS)
- IHUOMA, C.P. (1989) PSYCHOLOGICAL FACTORS IN HYPERTENSION (UNPUBLISHED B.ED THESIS)
- IHUOMA, C.P. (2007) VARIOUS APPROACHES TO THE STUDY OF PERSONALITY. PUBLISHED IN THE JOURNAL OF ACADEMY OF HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES VOL. 6 (1) Pg 6-12.
- IHUOMA, C.P.(2007) A SURVEY OF THE TECHNIQUES FOR THE ASSESSMENT OF PERSONALITY. PUBLISHED IN THE JOURNAL OF ACADEMY OF HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES. VOL. 7 (3) Pg 80-84.
- IHUOMA, C.P. (2007) A REVIEW OF WATSON’S BEHAVIOURSIM AND GUTHERIE’S INTERPRETATION OF LEARNING. PUBLISHED IN THE JOURNAL OF DEVELOPMENT STUDIES. VOL. 5 (1) Pg 74-80.
- IHUOMA, C.P. (2008) SOCIAL ANXIETY AND HUMAN RELATIONSHIP. PUBLISHED IN THE AFRICAN JOURNAL OF SCIENCE EDUCATION AND TECHNOLOGY. VOL.10 (8). Pg 41-48.
- IHUOMA, C.P. (2008) A SURVEY OF FAMILY RELATIONSHIPS IN NIGERIA. PUBLSIHED IN THE NIGERIAN EDUCATION VOL. 14 (6) Pg 42-48.
- IHUOMA, C.P. (2009) THE PERSON-CENTRED THEORY OF CARL R. ROGERS AND IT’S RELEVANCE TO THE NIGERIAN SITUATION. PUBLISHED IN THE JOURNAL OF REVIEW OF STUDIES IN SOCIAL SCIENCE. VOL. 5 (1) Pg 107-113.
- IHUOMA, C.P. AND AGWUNOBI, J.O. (2010) FORMAL PEACE EDUCATION FOR CONFLICT PREVENTION IN SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS PUBLISHED IN THE JOURNAL OF CURRICULUM STUDIES. VOL.1 (2) Pg 108-113.
- IHUOMA, C.P. (2010) THE ROLE OF PRE-PRIMARY EDUCATION IN THE PSYCHOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENT OF CHILDREN. PUBLISHED IN THE JOURNAL OF THE ACADEMY OF HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES VOL. 8 (1) Pg 68-74.
- LAZARUS, K.U. AND IHUOMA, C.P. (2011) THE ROLE OF GUIDANCE COUNSELLORS IN THE CAREER DEVELOPMENT OF ADOLESCENTS AND YOUNG ADULTS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS. PUBLISHED IN THE BRISTISH JOURNAL OF ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES. VOL. 2 (1) Pg 51-62.
- IHUOMA, C.P. AND JACKS, S. C. (2011) A REVIEW OF ISSUES AND PROSPECTS ASSOCIATED WITH MULTICULTURAL COUNSELLING. PUBLISHED IN THE JOURNAL OF SOCIAL STUDIES. VOL. 4 (1) Pg 128-137.
- NWACHUKWU L., AND IHUOMA, C.P. (2013) THE INTRODUCTION OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) IN IMO STATE PRIMARY SCHOOLS, CHALLENGES, COUNSELLING INTERVENTIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS. PUBLISHED IN THE NATIONAL JOURNAL OF EDUCATIONAL STUDIES VOL 2. (3) Pg 74-82.
- IHUOMA, C.P. (2015) PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS OF OPEN AND DISTANCE EDUCATION: THE NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA EXAMPLE. PUBLISHED IN THE JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURAL AND SCIENCE EDUCATION VOL. 1 (2) Pg 127-135.
- IHUOMA, C.P. (2017) BELIEFS ABOUT MENTAL ILLNESS AND ATTITUDES TOWARDS SEEKING PROFESSIONAL ASSISTANCE AMONG WOMEN IN UMUAHIA, ABIA STATE, NIGERIA. PUBLISHED IN THE NIGERIAN JOURNAL OF CLINICAL AND COUNSELLING PSYCHOLOGY, UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN. VOL. 25(1) Pg 155-177.
- IHUOMA, C.P. (2017) PROMOTING GUIDANCE & COUNSELLING IN SCHOOLS FOR SUSTAINABLE NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA. PUBLISHED IN THE REVIEW OF EDUCATION JOURNAL OF THE INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION, UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, NSUKKA.VOL. 28 (1) Pg 332-345. BOOK CHAPTERS
- JACKS, S., IHUOMA P.C., FAJONYOMI M. & CAREW P. (2015) EFFECT OF GUIDANCE SERVICES ON UNIVERSITY UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS’ KNOWLEDGE OF SUSCEPTIBILITY TO HIV/AIDS. PUBLISHED IN ISSUES IN THE HELPING PROFESSION FOR NIGERIAN COUNSELLORS. Chap 21, Pg 188-198.
- IHUOMA P.C. (2017) TRANSLATING WORDS TO DEEDS: ACHIEVING GENDER EQUALITY IN THE NIGERIAN EDUCATIONAL SECTOR THROUGH BUILDING A SAFER WORLD. PUBLISHED IN BUILDING A SAFER WORLD THROUGH EDUCATION. Pg 542-560.
- IHUOMA, C. P. (2015). EGC 903 SEX AND FAMILY COUNSELLING. NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA COURSE MATERIAL.
- 38th Annual International Conference of the Counselling Association of Nigeria, held in Uyo, Akwa Ibom state, in August , 2013. Paper Presented : NIL
- 1st National Conference of the College of Agricultural and Science Education, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, Abia state, held at the Universty between 1st - 4th July, 2014. Paper Presented: Problems and Prospects of Open and Distance Education: The National Open University of Nigeria Example.
- 39th Annual International Conference of the Counselling Association of Nigeria, held at the University of Benin, Edo state, from Aug 18th - -22nd, 2014. Paper Presented : Effect of Guidance Services on University Undergraduate Students’ Knowledge of Susceptibility to HIV/AIDS.
- 6th Annual National Conference of the Nigerian Society for Psychosocial Research held at Abia State University Uturu from 16 – 19th November, 2015. Paper Presented: Stress Management in the Workplace: A Counsellor’s Perspective
- 41st International Conference of the Counselling Association of Nigeria held at the University of Lagos between 21st - 27th August, 2016. Paper Presented: Beliefs about Mental Illness and Attitudes towards Seeking for Professional Assistance among Women in Umuahia, Abia State, Nigeria.
- University of Ibadan, Faculty of Education 2017 International Conference Help Between 13th - 16th June, 2017. Paper Presented: Translating words to deeds: Achieving gender equality in the Nigerian Educational sector through building a safer world.
- Institute of Education, University of Nigeria, Nsukka 2017 Annual National Conference Held Between 2nd - 5th August, 2017. Paper Presented: Promoting Guidance & Counselling in schools for sustainable national development in Nigeria.
- 1st Annual International Conference of the Faculty of Education, Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ikwo, Held Between 23rd - 26th April, 2018. Paper Presented: An Eclectic Approach to the Reduction of Test Anxiety among Fresh Students of the National Open University of Nigeria.
- 1st International Conference of Social Sciences (ICOSS 2018) held at the National Open Open University of Nigeria, Abuja between 24th – 27th June, 2018. Paper Presented: Effects of Gender Discrimination in Education and Employment on Africa’s Ecoonomic Growth.
- Faculty of Education, University of Ibadan 2018 International Conference held at the University of Ibadan between 25th – 28th June, 2018. Paper Presented: Contemporary Discourse on the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development: Challenges and Policy Options for Girls’ Education and Women Empowerment in Nigeria.