I attended St. Charles’ College, Ankpa from 1972 to 1976 from where I obtained my ‘O’ level papers with Division II. From 1980 t0 1984, I was at the Ahmadu Bello University,Zaria for a B.Sc (Agriculture) degree and I graduated with a Second Class Honours, Upper Division. Between 1999 and 2000, I was at the Benue State University, Makurdi for an MBA (Management) programme which I successfully completed. I obtained my M.Sc (Crop Production) degree from University of Agriculture (UNIAGRIC), Makurdi, in 2003. Later in 2010, I enrolled for my Ph.D programme at the same university (UNIAGRIC), which I completed in 2015 with specialization in Farming Systems Agronomy.
I started working as a civil servant with the Benue State Agricultural and Rural Development Authority (BNARDA), Makurdi in 1986 as an Agricultural Extension Supervisor. I rose through the ranks from Benue State to Kogi State. I was appointed State Coordinator of IFAD Assisted Root and Tuber Expansion Programme (RTEP), a position I managed for 10 years. In 2017, I transferred my services from Kogi State Government to the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) as Lecturer II.
During the course of my academic development I served as Lecturer II on part-time basis in the Faculty of Agriculture, Kogi State University, Anyigba from 2003 to 2010.
My area of research focus is farming systems agronomy, using participatory rapid appraisal as entry approach.
- Setting examinations (POP, TMA, E-EXAMS)
- Writing of Farm Practical Guides
- Supervision of marking of exams
- Writing of course materials
- Farming systems research
- Participatory Rapid Appraiasal studies
- Crop yield studies
- Alhassan, G.A., Kalu,B.A. and Egbe, M.O. (2012) Influence of planting densities on the performance of intercropped bambara groundnut with cowpea in Makurdi, Benue state, Nigeria International Journal of Development and Sustainability. Volume 1 Number 3, (622-1198)
- Alhassan, G.A. and Egbe, M.O. (2013). Participatory Rural Appraisal of Bambara Groundnut (Vigna subterranea (L.) Verdc.) Production in Southern Guinea Savanna of Nigeria Agricultural Science Volume 1, Issue 2 (2013), 18-31 Published by Science and Education Centre of North America
- Alhassan, G.A. and Egbe, M.O (2014). Bambara groundnut/maize intercropping: Effects of planting densities in Southern guinea savanna of Nigeria African Journal of Agricultural Research Vol. 9(4): 479-486
- Moses Onyilo Egbe, Godwin Adu Alhassan and Michael Ijoyah (2013). Nodulation, Nitrogen Yield and Fixation by Bambara Groundnut (Vigna Subterranea (L.)Verdc.) Landraces Intercropped with Cowpea and Maize in Southern Guinea Savanna of Nigeria Agricultural Science Volume 1, Issue 4 (2013), 15-28 Published by Science and Education Centre of North America
- Alhassan, Godwin A. (2018). Review of Cassava Production in Kogi State, North Central Nigeria. 52nd Annual Conference Proceedings of the Agricultural Society of Nigeria, 22-26 October, 2018, Abuja, Nigeria.
- 52nd Annual Conference of the Agricultural Society of Nigeria, 22-26 October, 2018, Abuja, Nigeria.Title of paper presented: Review of Cassava Production in Kogi State, North Central Nigeria