Dr. Gabriel Chibuzor Job was born on the 25th January, 1963 in Rumuodo- Rumuekini Town Obio/Akpor LGA of Rivers State. He attended the State Primary School, Rumuekini/Rumuosi between 1971-1976. County Grammar School Ikwerre/Etche for his secondary education 1976- 1981. University of Ibadan, Rumuorlumini Campus- between 1986- 1990- (B. Ed English). University of Port-Harcourt – 1993-1996 (M. Ed Educational Technology) and University of Uyo -2005- 2010 (Ph. D Educational Technology). Dr. Job, G. C has worked in diverse positions before joining the academic environment. Between 1981-1984 – Store Record Clerk –O. C. C (Nig) Ltd. 1985 – 1986 – Finiance Officer- Mascot Services. 1990/1991 Senior Tutor- Yagba local Government Secondary School, Ejigba- KOgi State. 1993/4 –Special Assistant to the Executive Chairman- Obio/Akpor- on Education Matters. 1995 – Education Secretary Obio/Akpor LGEA, 1997- Education Secretary – Etche LGEA, 1998-9- Education Secretary Emohua LGEA. 2001-2003 Special Assistant to the Executive Chairman – Obio/Akpor LGA- on Land Matters. 2003- 2010 CEO – Omarim Agencies. 2011 till date Lecturer NOUN. Currently Acting Centre Director, Port-Harcourt Study Centre, Ozuoba, along NTA road.
Day-to-day administration of Port-Harcourt Study Centre.
- INNOVATIVE INSTRUCTIONAL STRATEGIES FOR EFFECTIVE LEARNING
- ANDRAGOGICAL LEARNING
- MEDIA IN EDUCATION
- TECHNOLOGY IN EDUCATION
- EMERGING CONSTRAINTS FOR LEARNING EFFECTIVENESS
- IMPACT OF INSERVICE TRAINING
- GENDER DIFFERENTIALS IN EDUCATION
- IMPACT OF ENVIRONMENT ON TEACHING AND LEARNING. AND SO ON.
( a) Theses and Dissertation
- Job, G. C. (1996). The Correlation between working Conditions of Teachers and
the Academic Performance of English Language Teachers in Obio/Akpor
LGA. A Thesis submitted to Faculty of Education, University of Port-Harcourt
for award of Master of Educational Technology.
- Job, G. C. (2010). Effects of Concept Mapping teaching Strategies on
Academic Performance and Retention of SS II English Language Students
in Rivers State. A Ph. D Dissertation submitted to University of Uyo.
(b) Books and Chapters in Books
- Samuel, J & Job, G. (2011). Micro Teaching at a Glance. Joe Mankpa
- Job, G. C & Wale, A (2013). ODL 713: Design and Development of Open and
Distance Learning Media (3 credit units). National Open University of
Chapter in Book
- Job, G. C. (2011). Concept Mapping Instructional Strategy: in Adeyemi & Awe
(Eds). Rebranding Nigerian Educational System. National Open University
of Nigeria. Pp 444-455.
- Salawu, I. O., Job, G. C., Jeremiah, S. C. (2013).Transformation of Students’
Teaching Practice Assessment Through the Electronic Media: in I. O.
Salawu, A. I. Ikeotuonye & J. O. Inegbedion (Eds). Perspectives on Nigerian
Education. Pp 102 -114
(c) Journal Articles
- Ushie, B .C., Okworo, G. S, & Job, G. C. (2009). Academic Staff Characteristics
and the Use of Internet Services in Federal College of Education in North
Central Nigeria. African Educational Research Network. The African
Symposium Vol. 9, No1.
- Job, G. C., Ado, I.B., & Okworo, G.S. (2009). Effect and Utilization of E-Mail in
Open University Learning System on Attainment of Educational Goals in
South-South Nigeria. Journal of Educational Technology and Instruction
(JETI). Vol.1, No.1. pp 26- 30.
- Ushie, B. C., Job, G. C. & Udosen, V. (2007). An Overview of Educational
Broadcasting in Nigeria. Journal of the Department of Arts & Social
Science Education, University of Jos, Jos. Pp213 -222.
- Job, G. C. (2011). Influence of Emerging ICTs on Academic Staff Attitude in
Nigeria South-South tertiary Educational Institutions. Journal of the
Faculty of Education. Vol. 2, No. 1. PP 25-31.
- Job, G.C (2012). Educator’s Instructional Delivery Strategy: A Global Challenge
To learners’ Academic Performance. Journal of Pedagogical Thought.
- Job, G. C. & Salawu, I. O. (2013). Philosociomics Dimensions of Information and
Communication Technology in Open - Distance Learning in Nigeria. Journal
of Educational Media and Technology (JEMT); Vol. 17, No. 1. Pp 41 -49
- Job, G. C (2014). Gender and Students’ Academic Performance and Retention
in English Language in Rivers State using Concept Mapping Instructional
Strategy. NOUN Journal of Education. Vol.1, No.1, Pp 36 -44.
- Job, G .C. (2008). Merging the Emerging Information Communication Technologies in Nigeria Tertiary Institution:
Prospects and problems. Nigeria Journal of Computer Literacy (NICL). Vol.9, No.1, Pp 33 – 44.
- Job, G. C (2013). The Challenge of Ensuring Quality in Courseware Material
Preparation in Open and Distance Education. Journal of Educational
Studies and Management. Department of Educational Studies and
Management, University of Benin, Benin City, Nigeria. Vol. 1. No. 1. Pp77- 89
- Job, G .C.(2014) Integration of Information and Communication Technology
Into Teaching and Learning activities: A Panacea for Nigeria’s
Educational System for 21st Century Challenges. West African Journal of
Open and Flexible Learning (WAJOFEL) Vol.3, No2, Pp107 – 118.
- Job, G. C., Ushie, B. C. & Okororo, G. S. (2010). Concept Mapping Teaching
Strategy: It’s Effect on SS2 Students Achievement and Retention in English
Language in Rivers State. Journal of Educational Media and Technology
(JEMT). Pp 133 -141.
- Job, G .C. & Ogundowole A. (2015). Effects of Improvised Materials on the
Academic Performance and Retention Ability of SSII Biology Students in
Lagos State. Journal of Educational Foundation and Development.
Faculty of Education, University of Benin. Vol.1, No.2, Pp 99 -109.
- Job, G. C. (2015). Instructional Design for Andragogical Learners: Re-positioning
Today’s Distance Leaners for a Digital Society. African Journal of Cross-
Cultural Psychology and sport Facilitation (AJCPSF). Vol. 17.
- Job, G .C. & Clark, Antonia O. (2015). Open and Distance Learning (ODL):
Emerging Challenges of Growing Capacities for Sustaniable Distance e-
Learning in Nigeria. International Journal of Education, Humanities & Multi
Disciplinary Research. Pp 132 -150.
- Job, G. C. (2014). The Global Quest for Access to Qualitative Education and
The Open and Distance Learning (ODL) Method: The Nigeria Progress and
Experience via National Open University of Nigeria. ICDE International
Conference Proceedings, Part I, Moscow. Pp 198 -210.
- Job, G .C. & Fatimayin, F. F.(2015). Andragogical Thoery in Open and Distance
Learning: How Relevant for Students of National Open University of
Nigeria? International Journal of Research in Science, Technology and
Mathematics Education (IJRSTME). Vol.3, No.2, Pp 205 -216.