Dr. Felix Emefiele Gbenoba, an indigene of Agbor in Ika South LG of Delta State was born in 1961.
A graduate of the University of Ibadan, I hold a B.A, M. A, P.hD (English) degrees obtained in 1983, 1987 and 2006 respectively. I worked as a teacher from 1984 to 1988 and as a journalist from 1988 til 2004. I joined the NOUN in 2007 as Chief Editor and rose to become Acting Director in the Instructional Resources Development (IRD) directorate before moving to the Department of Languages, Faculty of Arts in 2018.
I have published journal articles on instructional materials design and development as well as in literary studies. Also, I have written course materials used by NOUN undergraduates in the B.A. English programme.
Once a member of the Nigerian Union of Journalists (NUJ), Nigerian Guild of Editors (NGE), Ibadan Cultural Studies Group and European Association of Science Editors (EASE), I am married with children.
- writing course materials
- setting TMAs and Examination questions on allotted courses
- Oral Literature and cultural performances
- Literary studies, African literature
- Instructional resources development and design
- GBENOBA, F.E. (N.D) ENG 813: Literary Theory and Practical Criticism. NOUN Publication development in progress.
- GBENOBA, F.E. & OKOROEGBE, F.N. (2017). ENG 415: Literary Theory and Criticism. NOUN Press.
- GBENOBA, F.E. & OKOROEGBE, F.N. (2017). ENG 417: Post-Colonial African Literature. NOUN Press. Journal Articles
- GBENOBA, F. and DAHUNSI, O. (2014). “Instructional Materials Development in ODL: Achievements, Prospects and Challenges.” In Journal of Educational and Social Research. MCSER Publishing, Rome-Italy. Vol. 4. No. 7, November.138-143.
- GBENOBA, F. E. (2012). “A Quest for Increased Interactivity in the Print Course Instructional Resources of Open and Distance Learning (ODL) Institutions in Africa: Writing the Study Units of National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) Print Course Materials.” In HURIA Journal of The Open University of Tanzania, Vol. 13, August.139-147.
- GBENOBA F.E. (2010).”Change of Audience and Patronage as Unique Architectonics in Lanrewaju Adepoju’s Performances.” In Ijinle Asa, Journal of Arts, Culture and Ideas, Vol. 5, 54-66.
- GBENOBA F.E. (2008). “Tracing Ngugi’s Journey of Commitment from Performance to Narration.” Quill Pen, Journal of Communications, Issues and Events, Vol. 6, 48-92.
- 12th Conference on Literature in Northern Nigeria at Bayero University, Kano, April 22 – 25, 2019. Paper presented: By GBENOBA, F. E. and Oamen Felicia “The interface of Literature in language learning: A Study of selected Northern Nigerian Senior Secondary School Students Performance in English Language.
- Open University of United Kingdom, OUUK- NOUN Conference on Design of Instructional Materials for Sciences, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) held in the UK – July 2017. Paper presented: By GBENOBA, F. E. “Impact of cultural factors on design of course materials in ODL.”
- ICEIT 2015: 17th International Conference on Educational and Instructional Technology, London, UK January 19-20. Paper presented: By GBENOBA F. & DAHUNSI, O. “Instructional Resources Development in ODL: Prospects and Challenges of Media Integration in Nigeria.”
- 4th International Technology, Education and Environment Conference (Teec2014) FCT Education Resource Centre, Abuja. 1st – 4th September 2014. Paper presented: By GBENOBA, F. E. & DAHUNSI, O. “Instructional Resources Development in ODL: Achievement, Prospects and Challenges.”
- First Annual Conference of School of Education, National Open University of Nigeria, Lagos, 8th -11th September 2014. Paper presented: By GBENOBA F.E. & DAHUNSI, O. “E-Learning Tools for Peace and Development: Impact of Online Facilitation in Open and Distance Learning.”
- Third African Council for Distance Education (ACDE) Conference and General Assembly, Mlima City, Tanzania. July 12th - 15th 2011. Paper Presented: By GBENOBA, F. E. (2011). “ Quest for Increased Interactivity in the Study Unit of Print Course Materials in ODL Institutions in Africa.”
- University of Ibadan Distance Learning Centre, International Conference on Challenges of Open, Distance Learning in the Developing World. September 5th - 11th, 2010. Paper Presented: By GBENOBA, F. E. “The Need for Increased Interactivity in Print Learning Resources and Greater Use of Variety of Other Formats in ODL.”
- Second African Council for Distance Education (ACDE) Conference and General Assembly, July 8th – 11th, 2008. Paper presented: By GBENOBA, F. E. “Impact of Socio-Cultural Elements in the Design of Instructional Materials for Open and Distance Learning Programmes.”
- International Conference on African Literature (ICAL) at University of Ibadan, Nigeria. July 3rd – 6th, 2008. Paper Presented: By GBENOBA, F. E. “Soyinka’s commitment in The Lion and the Jewel: A critical analysis of archival sources.”
- International Conference on Literature for G.G Darah @ 60, Warri, Delta State, Nigeria. March 27th – 30th, 2008. Paper Presented: By GBENOBA F. E. “Commitment, Performance: Co- travelers as Ngugi, Darah.”