Dr. Wasiu Olayinka FAWOLE was born to the family of late Alhaji Yusuf Omokanye Fawole and Alhaja Habibat Monisola Fawole in Ode Omu, Osun State of Nigeria on 20th November, 1982. He completed his elementary education at St. John's Anglican Primary School, Ogudu, Ile Ife, Osun State, Nigeria from where he proceeded to The Apostolic Grammar School, Modakeke-Ife, Osun State, Nigeria for Junior Secondary School Certificate and later to Osun State School of Science, Ikirun, Nigeria for his West African Senior Secondary School Certificate (WASSCE). He obtained his BTech degree in Agricultural Economics and Extension from Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso, Nigeria in 2008 and thereafter proceeded to the Nigerian premier University of Ibadan also in Nigeria where he obtained his Master of Science (MSc) degree in Agricultural Economics with options in agribusiness and production economics in 2012. He also obtained a diploma certificate in Turkish language from Ankara University (Antalya Study Centre) in 2013. Finally, he attended Akdeniz University, Antalya, Turkey for his Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree in Agricultural Economics with specialization in development and food economics awarded in 2017. He currently serves as a lecturer in the Department of Agricultural Economics and Extension in Faculty of Agricultural Sciences of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN). Dr. Fawole is happily married and blessed with children.
- Community Development
- Project Management (Development and Agriculture
- Development Economics
- Production Economics
- Food Security
- Poverty and welfare analysis
- Fawole, W.O., & Ozkan, B. (2018). Examining the willingness of youths to participate in agriculture to halt the rising rate of unemployment in Nigeria. Journal of economics studies Vol. 46 Issue 4 (In press)
- Fawole, W.O., & Ozkan, B. (2018). Food insecurity risks perception and management strategies among households: Implications for zero hunger target in Nigeria. A Mediterranean Journal of Economics, Agriculture and Environment – New Medit 2: 29 – 42
- Fawole, W.O., & Ozkan, B. (2017). Identifying the drivers of food security based on perception among households in south western Nigeria. European Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies, 9 (1): 50 – 56
- Fawole, W.O., & Ozkan, B. (2017). Revisiting the profitability and technical efficiency of cocoa production amidst economic diversification programme of the Nigerian Government: A case study of Ondo State. Journal of Agribusiness in Developing and Emerging Economies 8 (1): 186 – 200
- Fawole, W.O., & Ozkan, B. (2017). Comprehensive review of growing food insecurity in Africa with regards to causes, effects and solutions: The Nigerian example. Turkish Journal of Agriculture – Food Science and Technology, 5 (6): 629 – 636.
- Fawole, W.O., & Ozkan, B. (2017). The systemic review of food security assessment indicators: Understanding the strengths and weaknesses of the indicators. Journal of Agriculture and Rural Research, 1 (1): 24 – 31.
- Fawole, W.O., Ozkan, B. & Ayanrinde, F.A. (2016). Measuring Food Security status among Households in Osun State, Nigeria. British Food Journal, 118 (7): 1554 – 1567.
- Fawole, W.O., & Rahji, M.A.Y. (2014). Determinants of productivity among cocoa farmers in Ondo State of Nigeria. Asian Journal of Agricultural Extension, Economics and Sociology, 9 (4): 1 – 7.
- Oyewole, S.O., Fawole, W.O., & Ayanrinde, F.A. (2014). Determinants of Technical Efficiency of Watermelon Production in Ibarapa North and Ibarapa Central Local Government Areas of Oyo State, Nigeria. International Journal of Applied Research and Technology, 3(6): 14 – 21. Book
- Fawole, W.O., Rahji, M.A.Y., & Adeleke, O.A. (2012). The Profitability and Technical Efficiency of Cocoa Production. Lambert Academic Publishers, Germany, ISBN: 978-3-8383-9490-9
- Member, International Association of Agricultural Economists (IAAE)
- Member, Agricultural Society of Nigeria (ASN)
- Fawole, W.O. (2018). Influence of credit accessibility on households’ food security among Farmers in South-Western Nigeria. In proceedings of: 52nd Annual Conference of the Agricultural Society of Nigeria, Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, Nigeria, October 22-26, 2018.
- Fawole, W.O., and Ozkan, B. (2018). Examining the awareness of people on food safety and personal health. In proceedings of: 1st International Symposium on Graduate Research in Science Focus on Entrepreneurship and Innovation (ISGRS 2018) Istanbul, October 4-6, 2018.
- Fawole, W.O., and Ozkan, B. (2018). The nexus between alternative livelihood and food security among selected households in South West Nigeria. In proceedings of: 3rd International Conference on Dryland Centre for Dryland Agriculture, Bayero University, Kano, September 24-28, 2018.
- Fawole, W.O., Govindasamy, R., and Ozkan, B. (2017). Food security in Nigeria post-MDGs: What has changed? In proceedings of: Food Distribution Research Society Annual Conference Honolulu, Hawaii, 21 – 24 October, 2017.
- Fawole, W.O., and Ozkan, B. (2017). Identifying the drivers of food security based on perception among households in south western Nigeria. In proceedings of: 13th International Conference on Social Sciences. Universität Wien, Universitätsring 1, 1010 Wien, Vienna, Austria, 6 – 7 October, 2017.
- Ilbasmis, E., Karakaya,Y., Ozkan, B. and Fawole, W.O. (2017). Investigating the attitude and perception of consumers towards purchasing food products from supermarket through online trading. In proceedings of: 13th International Conference on Social Sciences. Universität Wien, Universitätsring 1, 1010 Wien, Vienna, 6 – 7 October, 2017.
- Fawole, W.O., and Ozkan, B. (2017). Examining the incidence, depth and severity of food insecurity in South Western Nigeria: FGT model revisited. In proceedings of: 4th International Conference on Sustainable Agriculture and Environment (4th ICSAE) Surakarta, Indonesia, August 10 – 12, 2017.
- Ozkan B., and Fawole W.O. (2017). Food insecurity risk perception and management strategies among households: implications for zero hunger target in Nigeria. In proceedings of: 19th Annual International Conference of Global Business and Technology Association, Vienna, Austria, July 11-15, 2017, pp. 756-762
- Fawole, W.O. (2017). Delegate to Turkey-Africa 1st Agriculture Ministers Meeting and Agribusiness Forum, Maritime Pine Beach Hotels and Resorts, Belek, Antalya-Turkey. April 27 – 28, 2017.
- Fawole, W.O. (2017). Roles of Agricultural Entrepreneurship in reducing unemployment in Nigeria. In proceedings of: 19th International Social Science Students’ Congress, at Ege University, Izmir, Turkey. Apr. 27 – 29, 2016
- Fawole, W.O., Ozkan, B., and Ilbasmis, E. (2017). Food insecurity in Africa in terms of Causes, Effects and Solutions: Evidence from Nigeria. In proceedings of: 2nd International Conference on Sustainable Agriculture and Environment (2nd ICSAE), Selcuk University, Konya, Turkey. Sept. 30 – Oct. 3, 2015.
- Doctoral Fellowship, Turkish Government Postgraduate Fellowship for International Students 2012 – 2017
- Visiting Scholar, Erasmus Plus Students’ Exchange Grant for European Universities 2015