Dr. Ayedun Funmilayo is an Academic Staff of Department of Pure and Applied Sciences (Physics Unit), Faculty of Science, National Open University of Nigeria. She obatained the following Academic Degrees: First Degree in Physics from the Nigeria premier university, University of Ibadan Nigeria in 1992, Postgraduate Diploma in Petroleum Engineering from the same institution in 1997. Diploma in Computer Studies in in 2001 from Tai Solarin College of Education transited to Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijebu – Ode. Maters of Science Degree in Physics from Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago – Iwoye (2008). She bagged her Ph.D Physics in 2016 from Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta.
In 2014 -2015, she worked on the X-ray absorption spectra and structural, electronics and magnetic properties of rutile based alloys.
Her interest in condensed matter physics, assisted her to theoretically investigate the percentage of concentration of zirconium atom that can be introduced to rutile TiO2 in order tto have better ceramic materials and tiles.
Her current research interest is ‘First Principle calculation of structural, electronics and magnetic properties of Chromium alloyed with ruttile TiO2 att various concentrations and get a quality and better battery.
This will help battery producing industry and will have it cheaper and of high quality because the materials are here in various states of Nigeria.
Before joining NOUN, she has worked with both college and university as lecturer and held various duty posts.
- Writing and Editing of Course Materials
- Community Development
- Facilitation of courses
- Project Supervision
- Setting of TMA, Exams and upload
- Exams Marking Subject Officer
- Physics Coordinator
- Research Inovation and Uptake
- Solid State Physics
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Ayedun, F. and Sowole, O. (2008). Recursive Backstepping Design for Controlling Chaos of Three nonlinear Bloch Equations, Journal of the Nigeria Association of MathematicsPhysics, Vol. 13, pages 49 – 54.
- Ayedun, F and Okunowo O. A. (2010). Audio Frequency Amplification Techniques Using Mordern Devices. Institutional Journal of Physical Science, Vol.2, Pages 177 – 179.
- Sowole, O and Ayedun, F (2010), Ultra violet radiation absorption by Ozone in Model Atmosphere using data of Ibadan, Journals of the Nigerian Association of Mathematical Physics.
- Ayedun, F; Adebambo, P. O; Adetunji, B.I; Ozebo, V. C; Oguntuase, J. A; Adebayo, G. A. (2017), Increased malleability in tetragonal Zr_xTi_1 – x O_2 alloys: first- principles approach.DOI 10.1515/zna-2017-0036
- Ayedun, F; Adebambo, P. O; Adebayo, G. A. (In Progress) First Principle calculation of x- spectra of Ti_1 – x Zr_x O_2 alloys.
- Ayedun, F (2003) History of Science, Physics and Development. Published by EDUCERE, Journal of Education Research, Vol. 1, No. 1, Tai Solarin College of Education, Ogun State Nigeria Page 122 – 132
- Member: Nigeria Insitute of Physics Society
- Member: Science eacher Association of Nigeria
- Vincent, U. E; Laoye, J.A; Ayedun, F. (2009). Projective Synchronization of the Nonlinear Bloch Equations , Paper presented at the 4th Intternational Scientific Conference on Physics and Control, held at Cattania, Italy.
- Ayedun, F. And Okunowo, A. O. (2009). Audio Frequency Signals Amplification Techniques using Modern Devices, Paper presented at the 1st International Conference, School of Education, held at Tai Solarin College of Education, Omu – Ijebu, Ogun State
- Sowole, O. and Ayedun, F. (2008) Water Vapour Transmittance in a Model Atmosphere Using Ijebu – Ode. Paper presented at the Conference of Physics, Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago – Iwoye, Nigeria.
- Ayedun, F. (2004), Prevention of Radiation Health Hazard. Paper presented at the 1st Annual
- National Conference of the School of Preliminary Studies. Tai Solarin College of Education, Ijebu – Ode.