Dr. Andrew Dajan Keswet (JP) is a seniorr Lecturer with the National Open University of Nigeria(NOUN). A sraff of the Faculty of Agricultural Sciences and in the Department of Crops and Soils Sciences.
He is a graduate of Kansas State University(USA), where he obtained the following degrees PhD, MSc and BSc. His area of interest is Agricultural Mechanization and Agricultural Education. Dr Keswet also studied in School of Agriculture ABU- Zaria(OND Agricultural Mechanization and A certificate in Post Harvest Technology from the University of Southern California(USA).
Dr. Keswet is married to Dr. Larai Keswet a lecturer with the University of Jos. They have four children(Two girls and two boys).who are graduates in various fields and successful in their careers.
Dr. Keswet has the following working experiences which span across both academics and civil service;
• Snr. Lectuter, National Open University of Nigeria(NOUN)
• Lecturer 1, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Bauchi
• Lecturer 11; University of Agriculture, Makurdi
• Graduate Teaching Assistant; Kansas State University.
• Ag Director; National Biotechnology Development Agency(NABDA), Abuja
• Director; Planning, Research and Statistics Ministry of Agriculture; Plateau State.
• General Manager, Plateau Agricultural Mechanization Service Company(PAMSCO); Plateau State.
Hobbies: Travelling and Photography
Dr. Keswet is from Mangu Local Governmeny Council of Plateau State. He is sociable, humble, admirable, confident, hard working and determined to succeed.
With his experiences, Dr. Keswet can work in any Organizational setting.
- Keswet A. D. and Haggai, P. T. (2006). Enhancing Food Security through Agricultural Mechanization; Proceeding, Farm Mechanization Association of Nigeria (FAMAN).
- Keswet A. D. (2007). Mechanical Power Development and its Problems in Developing Countries. Gubi Journal, Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi.
- Keswet A. D. (2003). The Effect of Tillage Practices, Phosphorus and Mulching on Growth and Yield of Soyabean in Bauchi, Nigeria, (NJTA 3rd Ed, FUT Yola).
- Keswet A. D. (2003). The Response of Cowpea, Maize and Soyabean to Different Tillage Practice in the Northern Guinea Savannah Zone of Nigeria (NBTE Kaduna).
- Haggai, P. T; Dawaz, W. K. and Keswet A. D. (2006). Growths response of Tomatoes (Lycopersium I) to applied power plant TM (Liquid) and Conventional NPK Fertilizer, Riyom, Plateau State. Journal of Environmental Sciences, University of Jos; 10 (2): 30-39.
- Haggai, P. T; Dawaz, W. K. and Keswet A. D. (2006). Growths response of Maize (ZeaMays 1) to application of power plant TM (Liquid) and Conventional NPK Fertilizer in Riyom, Plateau State. Journal of Environmental and Applied Biology, University of Maiduguri, 8(2): 161-166.
- Keswet A. D. (2007). Mechanical Power Development and Problems in Developing Countries, Proceedings (FERMA) meeting held in Jos September 2006.
- Keswet, Andrew D. 1984. An Analysis of Tractor Hire Services Programs and the Problem of Agricultural Mechanization in Plateau State (PhD Thesis) pp189, Kansas State University, Manhattan Kansas USA.
- Keswet, Andrew D. 1981. Tractor Operation and Maintenance Programs for School Agriculture for Developing Countries (M.Sc Thesis) pp128. Kansas State University, Manhattan Kansas USA.
- Keswet, Andrew D. and Odonye, C. A. 1987. The Effect of Different Tillage Practice on the Growth and Yield of Maize in Benue State. (B. Tech. Project) pp87. University of Agriculture, Makurdi, Benue State.
- Keswet, Andrew D. and Gyitbe, Y. 1990. The Effect of Tillage Practices on the Growth and Yield of Maize in Bauchi State. (B. Tech. Project). pp87. University of Agriculture, Makurdi, Benue State
- Keswet, Andrew D. and Olugbemi, A. 1991. The Effect of Energy Supplementations on Output Work Bulls in Bauchi. (B. Tech. Project). Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, Bauchi State.
- Keswet, Andrew D. and Garba, H. 1991. The Effect of Tillage Practices, Phosphorus and Mulching on the Growth Yield of Soybean (Glycine Max L. Merrill) in Bauchi (B. Tech. Project). pp94. Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, Bauchi State.
- Keswet, Andrew D. and Ephraim, B. (1991). The Effect of Tillage Practice on the Growth and Yield of Cowpea in Bauchi (B. Tech. Project). pp75. Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, Bauchi State.
- Sylvester, M. Wandar Yakwal; Andrew Keswet; Tongriang Noah Daspan. Factors Responsible for Inefficient Implementation of Science Curriculum for Students with Hearing Impairment in School for the Deaf; Bassa, Plateau State.
- Tongriang Noah Daspan; Sylvester Mwandar Yakwal; Andrew Keswet. Teaching the Sciences to Students with Hearing Impairment in a School for the Deaf in Nigeria: Issues for Consideration.
- Sylvester Mwandar Yakwal; Andrew Keswet and Tongriang Noah Daspan. Teachers Efficiency of Guidance in Shaping the Direction of Students with Hearing Impairment toward Science Learning in School for the Deaf; Bassa, Plateau State.
- Keswet, A. D. and Dashe, M. Changbyem. (2016). Analysis of the Problem of Agricultural Credit to farmers: A case study of Highland Microfinance Bank Bukuru, Plateau State.
- Keswet, A. D. and Yakubu, J. (2017). Marketing Problems and Prospects of Irish Potato in Barkin-Ladi Local Government Area of Plateau State.
- Keswet A. D. (2013). The State of Biotechnology in Nigeria. Conference Paper at Biotechnology Society of Nigeria. Held at Abuja.
- Keswet A. D. (2013). The New Technology in the Horizon that will cure hunger and malnutrition and food insecurity, Conference Paper at Biotechnology Society of Nigeria, Held at Abuja.
- Badiru, E., Keswet, A. D. and Hilili, J. M. (2013). Potential benefits of Agricultural Biotechnology in National Economic Development and Food Security in Nigeria. Conference Paper at Biotechnology Society of Nigeria. Held at Abuja.
- Keswet A. D. Soil productivity, the Life Line of Agricultural Development Seminar Paper, School Agriculture Uni. Agric. Markurdi, March 1986.
- Keswet A. D. Sources of farm power for Agriculture Development Seminar Paper for Science Teachers Association of Nigeria, Fed. Govt. College Jos, April 1988.
- Keswet A. D. Understanding different Tillage Practices for Crop Growth and their Implication to Crop Yield. Seminar Paper for Science Teacher Association of Nigeria, Fed. Govt. College Jos, April 1988.
- Keswet A. D. Obstacles to Agricultural Mechanization in less Developing Countries. Conference paper for Society of Nigeria Agricultural Engineers at Fed. Poly. Bauchi (2001).
- Keswet A. D. the need about Agriculture Mechanization Studies in selected area. Conference for Society of Agricultural Engineers Bauchi, 2001.
- Keswet A. D. and Haggai, P. T. (2006). Enhancing food security through Agricultural Mechanization. Conference Paper for FEMAN in Jos, September 2006.
- Keswet A. D. Resistance Agricultural Mechanization in Developing Countries. Conference Paper for Society of Agriculture Engineers Federal Poly. Bauchi, April 2001.
- Peace Award by Global Forum for Peace, Justice and Human Rights Peace Society of Nigeria. Welma Children and Women Support Foundation Sept. 21, 2016
- Kwameh Nkrumah Leadership Honour by West African Student Union Parliament (WASUP) June 8, 2016
- Plateau State Scholarship 1976-1979
- Federal Government Scholarship 1982-1983
- Kansas State University Graduate Award 1983-1984.