I was born on 2nd August 1965 in Manchester and I am from Lagos state, Lagos Mainland local government area. I had my primary education at Command children school (Lagos) and my secondary at St Ita’s Secondary School, Sapele, Delta state. In 1987 I obtained a B.Sc Zoology degree from University of Ibadan after which in 1990 i got a masters degree in Zoology (Hydrobiology & Fisheries) from the same university. After several years of practising fish farming and supervising various fisheries projects, in 2015 I obtained a Ph.D in Fisheries from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. My area of specialization is aquaculture nutrition with special interest on the use of non conventional feed ingredients (seed and leaf) in the diet of culturable fish species in Nigeria where researches have been carried out in north-western Nigeria. I am happily married and blessed with children.
- Setting of TMA
- Setting of Examinations
- Writing of course material
- Reseach in fisheries
- Supervising students project
- Aquaculture nutrition
- Non conventional fishfeed ingredients
- Agbo A., Akhaluola F., Agboro F. (2010). Introduction to Fishfarming and Fish Biology in Nigeria. Pp. 109 ISBN 97837522-2-7
- Agbo A. N. (2015). Evaluation of Leucaena leucocephala (Lam De Wit) Leafmeal in The Diet of Heterobranchus longifilis Valenciennes, 1840 Fingerlings. PhD thesis Department of Biological Sciences, Ahmadu Bello University, 162p
- Agbo A. N., Balogun J.K., Oniye S.J. and Auta J. (2016). Effect of Different Processing Methods on Nutritional Composition of Leucaena leucocephala (Lam De Wit) Leaves as inclusion in Fish Feed. Journal of Applied Sciencies and Environmental Management 21(4): 719-726.
- Agbo A. N., Balogun J.K., Oniye S.J. and Auta J. (2017). Haematology of Heterobranchus longifilis fed different dietary levels of Leucaena leaf meal. Journal of Aquatic Sciences 32 (2): 257-265.
- Musa, M.I., Yakubu, F.B., Jiwaire, M., Agbo, A.N., Oyegbile, B., Ndam, S.S. (2017). Studies on the Monthly Variation In the Body and Nutritional Composition of Labeo coubie In Shiroro Dam, Niger State.Nigeria Journal of Fisheries 14 (1&2): 1177-1182.
- Musa M. I., Yakubu F.B., Agbo A.N., Oyegbile B., Ndams S.S. (2018). Monthly Variation in the Body and Nutritional Composition of Freshwater Hyperopisus bebe (Lacede, 1803) in Shiroro Dam, Niger State. Nigerian Journal of Fisheries and Aquaculture 6 (1): 47-52.
- Ezike, C.O., Echor, F.O., Uwadiegwu, N. C and Agbo, A.N. (2018). Growth and energy reserves of African freshwater catfish Clarias gariepinus (burchell,1822) exposed to water soluble fraction WSF of bonny light crude oil BLCO Nigerian Journal of Fisheries. In press
- Member Fisheries Society of Nigeria (FISON)
- Agbo, A. N., Balogun, J. K., Oniye, S. J. and Auta, J. (2015). Effect of Soaking on the Nutritional Content of
- Leucaena Leucocephala (Lam De Wit) Leafmeal ed Ansa J. et al. Proceedings of the 30th Annual Conference of the Fisheries Society of Nigeria (FISON) 22nd-27th November, 2015 Pp.266-268
- Agbo A. N., Balogun J.K., Oniye S.J. Auta J., Musa, M. I. (2016). Amino Acid Profile of Boiled Leucaena Leucocephala Leafmeal: Implications for Fish Nutrition. Proceedings of the 31st Annual Conference of the Fisheries Society of Nigeria (FISON) 30th October-4th November, 2016 Pp.15-18
- Musa, M.I., Agbo, A.N., Ndams, S. S., Ntukidem, J. A. (2016). Evaluating the Combined Effect of Feather Meal and Maggot (Muscca domestica) on the Growth and Nutrient Utilization of Heterobranchus bidorsalis Fingerlings. Proceedings of the 31st Annual Conference of the Fisheries Society of Nigeria (FISON) 30th October-4th November, 2016 Pp.61-64 Agbo, A.N. and Onimisi, H.U. (2017). A Review of Non Conventional Feed Resources for Fish Nutrition in Nigeria Proceedings of the 32nd Annual Conference of the Fisheries Society of Nigeria (FISON) 23th-28th, October 2017. In press
- Ezike, C.O1., Echor, F.O1., Uwadiegwu, N. C1 and Agbo, A.N2 (2018) Growth Performance, Plasma Glucose And Liver Glycogen Content Of African Freshwater Catfish Clarias Gariepinus (Burchell, 1822) Exposed To Water Soluble Fraction (Wsf) Of Bonny Light Crude Oil (Blco) Proceedings of the 33rd Annual Conference of the Fisheries Society of Nigeria (FISON) 28th October-2nd November, 2018. Inpress
- Agbo A. N. (2018). Effect of Soaking on Amino Acid Composition of Leucaena Leucocephala (Lam De Wit) Leafmeal as a Potential Ingredient in Fishfeed. Proceedings of the 33rd Annual Conference of the Fisheries Society of Nigeria (FISON) 28th October-2nd November, 2018 Pp. In press